Jplay/mconnect ios - PEQ active or not?

steadyshot

Major Contributor
Quick question.

If i use jplay or mconnect in ios to stream qobuz using the upnp protocol to wiim mini, is my PEQ preset engaged?

Last edited:
By the way...if I were not a Rooner JPlay would be a good alternative!

Very nice interface and it has also weekly Q updated ! I hate its subscription model
Wrote that most likely before: If a system is running without any problem for a non IT interested like me I am prepared to pay for it. (My clients pay me also 😉 that was the plan.)

By the way...if I were not a Rooner JPlay would be a good alternative!
Believe me it’s not. I have both for some reason even after my trial it still works fully. But like most UPnP controllers it’s flakey with some renderers, still relies on you running a separate UPnP server even though it states no core needed and you have to manually sync it when you add new music to either local storage or streaming and any metadata is only on Qobuz or Tidal albums not your own. Its UI tries to ape Roon but is a very poor overall. You also need a sub for each install so useless for a house where there is more than one user. How they can actually charge as much as they do for it is beyond me. As for its alleged SQ benefits well less said on this front the better but I don’t hear any.

Believe me it’s not. I have both for some reason even after my trial it still works fully. But like most UPnP controllers it’s flakey with some renderers, still relies on you running a separate UPnP server even though it states no core needed and you have to manually sync it when you add new music to either local storage or streaming and any metadata is only on Qobuz or Tidal albums not your own. Its UI tries to ape Roon but is a very poor overall. You also need a sub for each install so useless for a house where there is more than one user. How they can actually charge as much as they do for it is beyond me. As for its alleged SQ benefits well less said on this front the better but I don’t hear any.
Are you saying that you canceled the subscription and still is working?

If you cancelled it after trial you were charged for 50€/$ and this amount covers a whole year.
Sorry I cancelled before the trial ended not after it. I was not charged, it says subscription is expired in Apple Pay and I know I never paid for it.

So it seems to be cheap at all 😂. My first experience was quite promising without any issue but it lasted only a few days and I ended the trial. And its really finished. Just tried it, no subscription. 😉

Last edited:
I tried JPlay, but found its DLNA interaction with the WiiM Pro renderer was buggy. Moving up and down the play queue it kept getting stuck on a track. I dropped it.

They were bit-perfect WAV test tracks from RME. Hardly an 'album' that rose especially high in the charts if I recall. :giggle:

Last edited:
Everyone has his or her habits..I let the test tracks with the engineers or the OAs and listen to music. I am a simple mind 😉

I tried JPlay, but found its DLNA interaction with the WiiM Pro renderer was buggy. Moving up and down the play queue it kept getting stuck on a track. I dropped it.
WiiM applied a bunch of DLNA fixes around June that seemed to iron out a lot of the niggles control points were having, so if you tried Jplay before that then the WiiM could have been at fault.

BubbleUPnP, Hi-Fi Cast and Mconnect have been faultless since, only LMS still has the problem when track seeking/skipping - although I can't test that anymore as it picks up the squeezelite interface.

Last edited:
WiiM applied a bunch of DLNA fixes around June that seemed to iron out a lot of the niggles control points were having, so if you tried Jplay before that then the WiiM could have been at fault.

BubbleUPnP, Hi-Fi Cast and Mconnect have been faultless since, only LMS still has the problem when track seeking/skipping - although I can't test that anymore as it picks up the squeezelite interface.
It was in early October that I trialled JPlay. BubbleUPnP has been fine. Also mconnect, though I didn't stick with it for long.

TBH although I tried to like JPlay, as well as the glitches mentioned I couldn't really justify the price. The native Qobuz app via Chromecast will keep me going until Qobuz Connect 🤞🙏. What 192kHz content there is is audibly indistinguishable from 96kHz.

Back