Legacy Chrome cast disk not recognized by WiiM app

Buster

Hi, my chrome cast disk is not listed as a device on the WiiM app. It is seen by google home and still works for spotify app but it doesn’t show up as a “device“ for WiiM.

Is that normal? I thought WiiM supports legacy chrome cast devices along with legacy airplay 2 devices, but apparently not.

I have concerns about buying airplay 2 devices with the expectation that that they will work with WiiM.

By Chromecast "disk", do you mean an actual Chromecast connected to the TV or a Chromecast Audio? Because there's no way the WiiM Pro can connect to those. The WiiM Pro can only act as a Chromecast endpoint, making it an alternative for those devices. It's not a Casting source (like a smartphone).

You should be able to group the WiiM Pro and other Chromecasts/Google speakers for syncing audio though, but that's all done from the Google Home app.

Last edited:
"You should be able to group the WiiM and Chromecasts for syncing audio though, but that's all done from the Home app."
Is that just for the pro, or can you group a mini and a CCA?
Is it the paperclip icon, top right of the device menu?

"You should be able to group the WiiM and Chromecasts for syncing audio though, but that's all done from the Home app."
Is that just for the pro, or can you group a mini and a CCA?
Is it the paperclip icon, top right of the device menu?
You cannot group Mini this way as Mini has no chromecast support. It's for Pro and to be done in Google Home app.

.. yes, sorry, I meant Chromecast groups being controlled from the Google Home App! :)
I didn't think about the WiiM app also being called "WiiM Home"! - still waiting to be able to order my WiiM Pro in Europe ;)

I did group them in the Google home app, but i couldn’t get them to work Even on Spotify where I could see the group. WiiM couldn’t see the group.

I did group them in the Google home app, but i couldn’t get them to work Even on Spotify where I could see the group. WiiM couldn’t see the group.
The Spotify app should be able to see your Chromecast group(s) if your phone is on the same WiFi network. And should see the individual WiiMs (as Spotify Connect devices, not Chromecast). WiiM can't see Chromecast groups. And if you assembled a multiroom WiiM group to play some music, you'll need to detach the slave WiiMs before you can use any members of the group via Chromecast.

Back