Line Out and Coax Out active at same time

Nstzya

I would like to have Line Out and Coax Out both active at same time. I use Coax Out to an external DAC (actually DSP active bookshelf speakers) and would like to use Line Out at the same time to drive an analog active subwoofer to supplement the DSP bookshelves. So ideally, the line out would actually become a sub out. Not sure if hardware permits this or not, however.

I know it’s hard to think about all those things before purchase, but answers to all those points would have been available here on the forum (or in the case of the WiiM remote being Bluetooth, on its product description page on Amazon for example) :(

Doesn’t your receiver have the equivalent of a tape out (showing my age here) that you can use? I don’t think you need to use zones.
Tape out = line level out of the source selected on primary zone1
Zone2/3 out = speaker level out, selectable across multiple analog sources independent of z1.
The obvious solution, for now, is a second wiim with analog out active for the z2 source. But, the point is that it still isn’t a ready drop-in substitute/upgrade for existing streaming devices. Just wishful thinking. My age shows too by not wanting to rejig my setup as I perform needed upgrades (squeeboxes are dying)!

WiiM is a great product with a great SQ without breaking the bank. Another feature i miss is visual feedback, even if its one scrolling line, of what’s being commanded/selected and playing. I think there’s another thread for that request.

WiiM is a great product with a great SQ without breaking the bank. Another feature i miss is visual feedback, even if its one scrolling line, of what’s being commanded/selected and playing. I think there’s another thread for that request.
Easiest way of doing that is using a second phone/tablet as a display.

Can’t your receiver feed the whole house thru one of its analog out connections?
No, I can't. I am using a rather high end receiver but it will not process the digital inputs to analog to send to the Zone2/3 outputs so I need both active like the Sonos did. Plus, I am fine using the analog outputs from the WiiM for the whole house audio zones but I would prefer to simultaneously use the digital outputs and the higher end DAC in my receiver for decoding in just the main zone. The Sonos did this but was limited to 44.1/16 output on the digital output. This is the main reason I got a WiiM was for the higher end digital output. Which I now can't use if I want audio in the entire house

Spdif, LineOut and Coax assignable-active at same time with assignable, adjustable high/low pass filters…use Wiim as master volume control and enjoy bass management independent of whatever old amp and,powered sub you’ve connected

I too want/need the analog and digital outputs (SPDIF and COAX) both active simultaneously. Can we please update the software to allow this? Upgraded from a Sonos Connect to a WiiM Pro Plus today and discovered it's only one or the other with the WiiM. On the Sonos both analog and digital outputs were active at the same time. I want to use the digital out with bit perfect stream to my receiver for the main room and the analog for whole house audio feed.
I have the exact same issue: I upgraded from a Sonos Connect to a WiiM Pro + and discovered later on that the WiiM can't make use of simultaneous outputs -- but the more limited Sonos Connect can! Seems like an easy win for WiiM over Sonos if they could activate this change -- maybe with a firmware update?

I would also like to have both, line out and digital out simultaneously. Line out and Bluetooth would be neat as well. Other than that, I am quite satisfied with the pro plus. Great product !

Back