Mini dead

Hollywood

Major Contributor
Hi,
I am (was) going to give my Mini to my neighbor as I have no use for a WiiM without Squeezelite support. I set it up on a TP Link router and a USB hard drive with my music. The router was not connected to the internet. Everything worked perfect except it kept asking to update the firmware. Since the router was not connected to the internet, I declined. I was able to browse and play music.

After lunch, about an hour later, the WiiM is no longer seen on the app and has no light on. I tried 2 different cables and power supplies, AND plugged in the power from the Pro I have in this room. Still no light on the Wiim Mini.

I don't see any hard reset button. Is this bricked or dead? I did send in a support ticket, but not from the Mini as it is dead. Can WiiM read other devices connected to my profile as the Mini is still listed, but off line?

Any ideas or should I treat this as a warranty issue?

Thanks!

Hi,
I am (was) going to give my Mini to my neighbor as I have no use for a WiiM without Squeezelite support. I set it up on a TP Link router and a USB hard drive with my music. The router was not connected to the internet. Everything worked perfect except it kept asking to update the firmware. Since the router was not connected to the internet, I declined. I was able to browse and play music.

After lunch, about an hour later, the WiiM is no longer seen on the app and has no light on. I tried 2 different cables and power supplies, AND plugged in the power from the Pro I have in this room. Still no light on the Wiim Mini.

I don't see any hard reset button. Is this bricked or dead? I did send in a support ticket, but not from the Mini as it is dead. Can WiiM read other devices connected to my profile as the Mini is still listed, but off line?

Any ideas or should I treat this as a warranty issue?

Thanks!
I think you hold down the play button for 10 secs to hard reset.

It'd have a 1 year warranty from Amazon, right? Sounds like it might be time to get a refund.
That's what I think too, but I want to give support and the forum a chance before I go for warranty. it's past the time for a refund though.
Thanks!

Before you return it, try a different power supply. I've had several wall warts bite the dust over the years with the device itself still working when paired with a new PS.

Before you return it, try a different power supply. I've had several wall warts bite the dust over the years with the device itself still working when paired with a new PS.
From post #1: I tried 2 different cables and power supplies, AND plugged in the power from the Pro I have in this room. Still no light on the Wiim Mini.

About 15 minutes WiiM responded to my support ticket and determined that the Mini went bad.

Back