Mini vs HEOS sound quality with AVR DAC

agorena123

New to understanding some of the streaming aspects and wanted to run the following by the group for feedback. I am currently running the HEOS app for my Marantz sr5013 to primarily stream Amazon Music HD. It does stream at the higher rates than Amazon HD through CCwGTV.

My question is this, will the mini connected via optical using Marantz DAC basically provide the same sound quality as the HEOS app?

Yes, and even better you can cast bit perfect up to 24/192 from the Amazon Music app to the Mini which you can’t do with Heos.

@Brantome so for my situation, is there any advantage to using the pro or pro plus over the mini?
For the specific use case you describe, the mini will suffice. However, if you want Ethernet connectivity and other separate uses such as ChromeCast, Squeezelite client, Roon Ready, AirPlay casting etc then a WiiM Pro would be a better choice using optical or coax into your Marantz. The Pro Plus would be another option if you think its DAC might be better than the one in your amp.

Back