Mixcloud

kennywest

Hello all.

This week I purchased a WiiM Pro Plus in favour of my existing raspberry pi with DAC running volumio. Volumio has too many issues and it lacks proper support for soundcloud, mixcloud and listening to music from a NAS is also "buggy". IMHO volumio is also a more expensive option than WiiM, since you need a monthly subscription for some of the features I was using.

Most of the time I am listening to mixes from soundcloud or mixcloud, so I was very pleased to see "native" support for soundcloud. For mixcloud I am currently using the "Chrome Cast" feature, but this is not always an ideal solution. I pay for a subscription for both soundcloud and mixcloud, so the quality of music should be "ok"-ish.

I do realise that a WiiM Pro Plus is overkill for the stuff I am listening to and I do know that talking about HiFi and mixcloud/soundcloud in the same sentence is blasphemy, but I do hope you understand my use case.
So I found this older post https://forum.wiimhome.com/threads/mixcloud.48/#post-40091 about a request for having Mixcloud "natively" like we have Soundcloud. So I was wondering if there were any plans implementing such a feature.

Thanks for listening and thank you for delivering such a great product!

Not on the most recently published roadmap, but who knows, the more who ask for it the better the chance it'll be implemented

I would also be very interested in seeing Mixcloud support as well as Bandcamp added. I have half a dozen Chromecast Audio's that I would replace with mini's, Pro's, or Pluses if we could move completely away from Chromecast groups. Currently Mixcloud and Bandcamp are what my significant other listens to things on.

Back