MQA decoding via internal dac

Sound quality :) Thanks!
I don’t know how mqa will sound any better. It’s a flac file that was put on container and compressed so it will use less bandwidth but the mqa unfolding that cost additional to hardware just to expand a flac file when others are playing flac without additional hardware cost.

I don’t know how mqa will sound any better. It’s a flac file that was put on container and compressed so it will use less bandwidth but the mqa unfolding that cost additional to hardware just to expand a flac file when others are playing flac without additional hardware cost.
Different, rather than better.
MQA isn't just compression, the data is modified to 'improve time domain accurracy'

MQA isn't just compression, the data is modified to 'improve time domain accurracy'
You just read that to their websites not knowing how time domain impact music. Flac are what recording and sound engineering use without getting too technical for regular user like us. Amazon, Quboz and even tidal hifi use flac.

You just read that to their websites not knowing how time domain impact music. Flac are what recording and sound engineering use without getting too technical for regular user like us. Amazon, Quboz and even tidal hifi use flac.
Merely trying to advise others here that it's not just a flac put in a container and compressed.
I've no skin in the game, I don't subscribe to tidal hifi plus, although I do use Tidal.

Yes, unfolding is being performed after decompression from flac to raw stream. Samples reconstruction, merging them to get a higher sample rate, further upsampling and convolving for additional unfolding, etc.

FWIW - This is from WiiM Support (the wonder team 👍) while it's a bit off topic it is well interesting.
---------------
Using MQA is very strict and the audio stream can't be changed. As we known, if you turn on EQ or adjust the volume less than 100, the audio stream will be changed and the MQA mark becomes broken, so your DAC can't detect the MQA stream.

Please go to Device tab -> Device setting gear icon -> Audio settings to turn on Fixed volume output and turn off the EQ setting on your device to maintain the MQA mark in the audio stream and your DAC will display the MQA badge.
THAT!!! :cool:(y)

Back