Multiple Amazon accounts

Jgrade

Looking for a way to add multiple Amazon accounts ( and other services) With the family plan it would be nice to be able to add multiple accounts so when browsing on a device you see your likes and playlists. This is available in other ecosystems. Example. I want to add an account for me that is named dad and has my likes and playlists. My wife wants to add an account rhat is named mom and she can see her lines and playlists. Now we need to log out and back I. To make this work.

Is this belongs in feature requests please move.

Looking for a way to add multiple Amazon accounts ( and other services) With the family plan it would be nice to be able to add multiple accounts so when browsing on a device you see your likes and playlists. This is available in other ecosystems. Example. I want to add an account for me that is named dad and has my likes and playlists. My wife wants to add an account rhat is named mom and she can see her lines and playlists. Now we need to log out and back I. To make this work.

Is this belongs in feature requests please move.
That’s how Amazon’s own music app works and while it might be possible for the Amazon Music interface in the WiiM Home app to in effect do the logout and back in for different amazon music accounts, I only see that working for lossy Amazon Music.

Lossless Amazon Music playback is achieved by the WiiM’s use of the Amazon/Alexa MRM stack which presents the WiiM device as an Alexa compatible device in the corresponding Alexa account, so to switch between amazon music accounts, your WiiM device would need to be setup anew in a different Alexa account each time you switched. Not saying it can’t be done, but it’s really not an easy ask - just think of the issues you have trying to play different music profiles on an echo. Even with the family plan, all Alexa profiles offer is personalised recommendations, not access to playlists etc in different amazon music family accounts.

Edited: Corollary: given that other music services don’t rely on the Alexa connection, it might be easier for WiiM to implement for other non amazon music services.

I understand what you are saying but why can there not be multiple accounts for the same service. I know on that other palindrome player allows for multiple accounts with a few different services. Not sure how they connect to the service but it would seem a different set of credentials could’ve passed for multiple users.

In the Alexa app or through the echo I can ask to change accounts for voice control which gives me access to the particular account lists etc. In the Amazon app my login is with my credentials and the wife’s app is with hers. Streaming through the echo is a mess with multiple accounts using the Alexa app.

Asking this question to test these devices so we can sell them as part of an affordable multi zone solution. Many of our customers have family plans for Spotify, amazon, Sirius, apple etc. with the other guys this has been resolved so I need to know limitations and enhancements.

So far I am very much liking these units. Especially for 300 less.

I understand what you are saying but why can there not be multiple accounts for the same service. I know on that other palindrome player allows for multiple accounts with a few different services. Not sure how they connect to the service but it would seem a different set of credentials could’ve passed for multiple users.

In the Alexa app or through the echo I can ask to change accounts for voice control which gives me access to the particular account lists etc. In the Amazon app my login is with my credentials and the wife’s app is with hers. Streaming through the echo is a mess with multiple accounts using the Alexa app.

Asking this question to test these devices so we can sell them as part of an affordable multi zone solution. Many of our customers have family plans for Spotify, amazon, Sirius, apple etc. with the other guys this has been resolved so I need to know limitations and enhancements.

So far I am very much liking these units. Especially for 300 less.
You’re potentially fine with two adult Alexa accounts in an Amazon household with an echo device registered to either account, but that’s as far as Alexa profiles/ households go - you couldn’t add a third or more accounts into the mix even though an Amazon Music family account supports up to six streams across one or more accounts. Other music services don’t have that tie in to Alexa that Amazon Music HD has so as I said in the added sentence to my above comment, it may be more straightforward for them to log out of one account and into another.

Logging out and back in is a bit cumbersome and may be overly challenging for some of my customers who have issues just logging in initially. Not a deal killer but not as slick at the other guy. Pros and cons to everything.

What I am concerned with is a one manufacture ecosystem. Our designs incorporate one ecosystem to make it as easy to use as possible be it Sonos, Savant, Auronomics etc.

If the music tab had multiple Amazon icons that connected to multiple profiles that would be cool. Does it work with other services on the WiiM.

If the music tab had multiple Amazon icons that connected to multiple profiles that would be cool. Does it work with other services on the WiiM.
To be honest, I’ve always considered profiles to be synonymous with accounts, each with their own logIn and password irrespective of whatever streaming music service being used given the tie in with licensed users. I’m not a Sonos user but seem to recall they might work some sort of behind the scenes magic to allow multiple users (or profiles?) to share the same single user licence, but I‘m not sure if or how they get round concurrency constraints nor how that looks to the streaming service account(s) they’re linked to.

I don’t see that working for Amazon Music though, nor am I aware of any profile structure for any music service currently supported by WiiM.

Not sure how they do it in the background or if they have access to resources WiiM does not but I have many customers using Sonos and they can create multiple Amazon service, each with a different name, using their individual credentials. It is very slick. If user A wants to use their Amazon music accounts the they select the Amazon A music service and they have all their likes and play lists etc. This happens all within the Sonos app.

Savant can now do this too with their own steamer.

I will send this as a feature request.

Back