Will multiple WiiM amps appear seamlessly in the app?

Kshea2

I've searched these forums and don't see an answer to this question. I have 3 zones throughout my house that used to be powered by a HEOS Drive before it died. It appears but is not completely clear that I could easily add 3 WiiM amps and then control them from the app. More specifically, will the app treat the 3 amps as a seamless system such that my wife only has to know how to use a simple interface?

I've searched these forums and don't see an answer to this question. I have 3 zones throughout my house that used to be powered by a HEOS Drive before it died. It appears but is not completely clear that I could easily add 3 WiiM amps and then control them from the app. More specifically, will the app treat the 3 amps as a seamless system such that my wife only has to know how to use a simple interface?
The WiiM home app lists multiple devices as cards, as shown in this picture.

Screenshot_2024-01-30-01-37-44-171_com.linkplay.wiimhome-edit.jpg

When playing music in the WiiM app, select any device card and then select the song. When casting from a streaming app, the WiiM app is mainly used to manage the device.

What are your sound sources?

Gotcha. I'll be streaming from the amp's streamer itself or my iPhone. Will I be able to group zones so they play the same music?

Gotcha. I'll be streaming from the amp's streamer itself or my iPhone. Will I be able to group zones so they play the same music?
Yes.

Tap the link icon in the device card to link that device to another device for multi-room music playback.

Click the link icon > Select a device

IMG_20240130_021225.jpg

IMG_20240130_021305.jpg

In this way, multiple devices are integrated into a single card, and you can control the volume of each device and more.

IMG_20240130_021331.jpg

Back