Multiple wiim driving us nuts! How to fix this issue?

gwi42

We have one pro and two minis the problem is all three show on the device screen I need to run them as individual units and for each unit to not see the others on the device screen. I only want to see mine not the others. Anyone know how this solve this?

Wow now that's something I think should be an option. I don't want all these wiims on the device screen I only want to see the one I operate not the others. Maybe I should make a request.

Hi @gwi42 it's default that you see all the WiiM devices you've linked to your WiFi under the Device section. We do this so you can control multiple devices or group them together. If you select a specific device it will be highlighted among the other devices, so that's how you know you're operating that particular one.

Hi @gwi42 it's default that you see all the WiiM devices you've linked to your WiFi under the Device section. We do this so you can control multiple devices or group them together. If you select a specific device it will be highlighted among the other devices, so that's how you know you're operating that particular one.
But how about giving us an option to see all or just see the one i use. I sure you guys can do this simple request.

Not all music streaming systems are like this. It’s perfectly possible to set things up in LMS so that you can only see and control one player without multiple SSID albeit it’s fairly recent and probably still rarely used. It’s Material’s party mode where the url you use includes a specific player’s MAC address and you are not able to see or navigate to other players. The WiiM Mini works very nicely with LMS using the UPnP/DLNA Bridge and can be used this way. You don’t even need the WiiM Home App once it’s set up.

NB The multiple SSID approach wouldn’t work with LMS because you always connect to the server and tell it what to play on a given player so each SSID would have to connect you to the same subnet.

That’s interesting, I figured “party mode” meant it just played Bob Marley songs.😁
The idea has been around for quite a while in a special version of iPeng called iPeng Party but it’s no longer available but the developer of the Material skin has recently revisited it.

Material is an HTML5 skin for LMS which brings it right up to date and is the de facto method of control these days as it can be used in app mode on most platforms. PC, Android, iOS. The original web gui has been made almost entirely redundant.

Unfortunately I can’t post a screenshot

I understand but by accident if someone is using another wiim they accidentally turn the volume up on my wiim. Why not just add an option to not search for other wiim devices.

I understand but by accident if someone is using another wiim they accidentally turn the volume up on my wiim. Why not just add an option to not search for other wiim devices.
How would the app know what device is “yours” and what devices are “others” if they’re all on the same network? They might be able to include a feature in the app to “hide” devices you don’t want to see on your app, but retain an option to reveal hidden devices - put in a feature request in those terms and they may respond more positively to that.

@WiiM Team - might that be an option, to ‘hide’ devices in the app?

Last edited:
How would the app know what device is “yours” and what devices are “others” if they’re all on the same network? They might be able to include a feature in the app to “hide” devices you don’t want to see on your app, but retain an option to reveal hidden devices - put in a feature request in those terms and they may respond more positively to that.

@WiiM Team - might that be an option, to ‘hide’ devices in the app?
Something needs to be done. My wife bought my daughter a mini yesterday and now with three making volume mistakes on someone elses is going to happen even more. They really need to work this out. Im watching a movie at a good volume then all of a sudden it goes to extreme levels because someone accidentally turned up mine. The main concern is speaker damage. We all use the wiim to control volume because i have a series of amps without volume comtrol.

Something needs to be done. My wife bought my daughter a mini yesterday and now with three making volume mistakes on someone elses is going to happen even more. They really need to work this out. Im watching a movie at a good volume then all of a sudden it goes to extreme levels because someone accidentally turned up mine. The main concern is speaker damage. We all use the wiim to control volume because i have a series of amps without volume comtrol.
Have you tried the suggestion of having the devices on separate SSIDs? It seems you’re unfairly putting the ball in WiiM’s court due to deficiencies in your setup I.e. amps without volume controls and frequent user error...

Have you tried the suggestion of having the devices on separate SSIDs? It seems you’re unfairly putting the ball in WiiM’s court due to deficiencies in your setup I.e. amps without volume controls and frequent user error...
No i havent because we are a house with tablets and phones to make network changes according to spectrum i need to directly connect to the router. We dont have computers that can do this. I feel Wiim should have put an option to not connect all wiims. Being able to control another ones volume when someone is listening to a different format sounds more like a design flaw that could be and easy fix.

Wow now that's something I think should be an option. I don't want all these wiims on the device screen I only want to see the one I operate not the others. Maybe I should make a request.

Why's it such a big issue ... it's not like there's a lot of information on that page, it's simply an overview menu so you can see which ones' are active and group them or if you want or access more information / settings on a specific device.

If you don't have them there you've got to have a way of going between and selecting the devices it'd just make it an awful lot more long winded to do so and probably 99% of users would find it a pain.

Don't know why I missed this post when I posted my above reply .... what happens if you all register your WiiM's individually with different logins / e-mails for each of you and then you each log in to your own device with your own account.
I would have thought when I log into the WiiM App on my phone I'll only see the one device that's registered against that login but I don't know, maybe worth a try?

Why's it such a big issue ... it's not like there's a lot of information on that page, it's simply an overview menu so you can see which ones' are active and group them or if you want or access more information / settings on a specific device.

If you don't have them there you've got to have a way of going between and selecting the devices it'd just make it an awful lot more long winded to do so and probably 99% of users would find it a pain.
The real problem here is im watching a movie at a upper volume and someone with another wiim in the house goes to turn up their volume makes a mistake and turns up mine by accident. I have amps without volume control so everyone uses the wiim to control volume. Wiim didnt consider if people are listening to different formats that someone one another wiim can change the volume of yours if they are all set to use the wiim volume. Thats why im asking for one wiim to not see the other wiims.

Don't know why I missed this post when I posted my above reply .... what happens if you all register your WiiM's individually with different logins / e-mails for each of you and then you each log in to your own device with your own account.
I would have thought when I log into the WiiM App on my phone I'll only see the one device that's registered against that login but I don't know, maybe worth a try?
Dont believe wiim is based on that its just connect them to your network. The first thing wiim does when you open the app is search for all other wiims and connects them all. Read my post a few minutes ago i give a better detail whats going on. But thanks anyway.

Back