New ecosystem dropping out and stuttering

SkiPow

In the last 2 weeks, I purchased 3 minis and 1 Pro Plus to create whole-house audio and stream Amazon HD.

I started with 2 Minis with 3.5mmm out and things seemed fine. I added a Pro Plus to my nice 2ch via RCA. This is when the problems started.

The Pro Plus dropped out a LOT. When it wasn’t dropping out, it would stutter briefly or chucka about once per minute. I’ve update firmware on the units, my router, and rebooted all.

The Pro Plus is the closest to the router. My WiFi system has been robust otherwise including some heavy WFH use cases.

Then I added a Mini where the WiFi signal is slightly weaker. I hooked this unit up at < bit perfect by spdif. Then things became unusable. I got one error that “failed: speaker not found” that disappeared. (This unit is proximate to another router on my system, I have not experimented with synching over two network names, only on the same network name)

I have filed two tickets.

The original minis are now stuttering of dropping out about 1x per minute. When they do run, they stutter.

Anyone have a sense what happened here?

This was a little more trouble than I bargained for. Currently sitting next to my system that isn’t playing.

You may also need to turn off the HD/UHD switch at one more point to see the lossless issue that @Brantome is concerned about.

1. Device settings > Amazon alexa settings > Amazon Music HD/UHD
(If you turn this off, playback on Alexa cast will be SD (lossy).)

2. Browse > Amazon Music icon > Settings > Amazon Music HD/UHD
(If you turn this off, all Amazon Music playback will be SD.)

I wonder if the Alexa switch only impacts Alexa MRM and not Linkplay from what we’ve both seen, but disabling HD/UHD for Amazon Music in the second point might be worth trying to see if it’s a router/bandwidth issue.

Also, I’d not noticed the two router comment, thanks for pointing that out. I’d try putting the devices all on the same network/router and see if matters improve there.

Two router connection was a test to improve the weak signal. That test is over.

I’m basically eliminating consumer side issues, and reporting back.

Currently nothing works at all 😰

… well now my pro plus is spitting music every 30 secs of so.

I’m at the point of saying WiiM has wasted a Sunday for me. Very discouraging

Currently nothing works at all 😰
… well now my pro plus is spitting music every 30 secs of so.

If you break the multi-room link and play it on only one Pro Plus and it doesn't work properly, I think the problem is with the device, not the network.

Factory reset your Pro Plus, reinstall the WiiM app, and please try set up again.

Start by turning off all sections of the network status and turning on only "5GHz only" (which will unify the network settings for all WiiM devices).

IMG_20240122_123707.jpg

I wonder if the Alexa switch only impacts Alexa MRM and not Linkplay from what we’ve both seen,

My perception is different...😅

The Alexa switch controls the playback quality through Alexa. This means that playback with AlexaCast and Voice Control will be SD, while playback from the WiiM app will maintain UHD. In fact, I think if you turn this switch off, AlexaCast will be SD.

But now the switch is missing in my app again.😂

Back