bad customer support follow up and useless suggestions time and time again .

risingdeeper

i have had the device a week and my device wiim pro plus will not airplay to my speakers . if i bypass the wiim i can airplay via my phone and compter but the airplay isnt selectable with the wiim . bluetooth working . ive reached out for help 10 times . each time im told pointless info about restarting my wifi router which ive done mny times . nothing changes . im told my wifi signal isnt sufficent even though its 50 mbps at minimum and 120-250 mbps max depending on other devices and time of day . as i say no issue at all to send to my speakers without using wiim pro plus . but not one time regardless of wifi speed has my airplay speakers been selectable .
im getting really tired of wait a day or two for a response and then being told the same suggestion about my wifi or router again . im about to send my device back to amazon if i dont get some support . has anyone else ever had an issue similar with airplay speakers just not showing up ? ive reset them too many times and there is no issue with my speakers either . help appreciated

I’ve not had that issue with my Plus - I’ve just gone to the audio output/ airplay receiver/ connect, and my TV, amp and my three other WiiM devices all appear as airplay targets.

Are your airplay devices all on the same wifi/subnet as your Pro Plus? Are you using the Pro Plus via Ethernet or Wifi? Have you tried a full factory reset of the Pro Plus?

I’ve not had that issue with my Plus - I’ve just gone to the audio output/ airplay receiver/ connect, and my TV, amp and my three other WiiM devices all appear as airplay targets.

Are your airplay devices all on the same wifi/subnet as your Pro Plus? Are you using the Pro Plus via Ethernet or Wifi? Have you tried a full factory reset of the Pro Plus?
thanks for your reply , i did try a full factory reset on your advice and my tv showed up as a airplay device but still no sign of my speakers

What is the make and model or your WiFi router? Is it on the latest version of the firmware that is available from the vendor? I would make sure that the wifi router has the latest firmware installed.

Then I would power off the cable modem, WiFi router, and all of the airplay speakers. I would then power on the cable modem and let it come up fully, then power on the WiFi router and let it come up fully, then power on the airplay speakers and let them come up fully, and then turn on the WiiM.

If that doesn't solve the problem, I would box it up and send it back.

EDIT: Is your router 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz? If so, make sure the WiiM and speakers are using the same frequency.

Last edited:
Back