At whits end: can’t get the WiiM Pro up and running

Machinist

So I have TWO Wiim Pro machines around at the moment. I have tried getting both through the first setup and just cannot get it done.

App finds the machine, but won’t get it on WiFi through the app. It’s shown in the list of WiFi, AirPlay setup not working either.

Tried resetting router, tried connecting wired by utp, did factory reset. 5 ghz, 2.4 ghz…

Yes, Bluetooth and location is on.

The app finds the machine in the app immediately, but WiFi setup will not complete after filling in network/password.

It’s so damn frustrating!

Help appreciated, otherwise I’ll sadly have to send the machines back to the shop.

Attachments

• IMG_3474.jpeg
    IMG_3474.jpeg
    471.3 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_3475.jpeg
    IMG_3475.jpeg
    973.7 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_3476.jpeg
    IMG_3476.jpeg
    607.6 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_3477.jpeg
    IMG_3477.jpeg
    768.1 KB · Views: 6
Have you tried a factory reset of the WiiM by pressing the play button for 10 secs with the Ethernet cable plugged in, so it knows it’s there on restart and see if that helps?

Have you tried a factory reset of the WiiM by pressing the play button for 10 secs with the Ethernet cable plugged in, so it knows it’s there on restart and see if that helps?
Yes, tried that as well. I reset router with cables in/out, WiiM with cable in/out… every possibility.

I have now also tried it through a MacBook Air, same problem. Light flashing green/white when trying to connect to network. It’s also connected by UTP…

Sorry, I’m stumped. That’s really unusual. Hope someone else can come up with better suggestions. I’d try submitting a ticket to WiiM and see if they can see anything in your app/device logs that might be causing the issue

Sorry, I’m stumped. That’s really unusual. Hope someone else can come up with better suggestions. I’d try submitting a ticket to WiiM and see if they can see anything in your app/device logs that might be causing the issue
Thanks anyway, I submitted a ticket about 48 hours ago… no response. This is happening to both machines. I figured it might be my network, but everything else is running solid.

Maybe it’s the iOS app.

Edit: I will try one of the machines on another network, see what the setup will do in that environment.

Thanks anyway, I submitted a ticket about 48 hours ago… no response. This is happening to both machines. I figured it might be my network, but everything else is running solid.

Maybe it’s the iOS app.

Edit: I will try one of the machines on another network, see what the setup will do in that environment.
To see if there's a problem with your network, you can try Hotspot on your iPhone.

Turn on hotspot on your iPhone.
Connect your iPad to the hotspot.
Open the WiiM app on your iPad.
Set up WiiM.

To see if there's a problem with your network, you can try Hotspot on your iPhone.

Turn on hotspot on your iPhone.
Connect your iPad to the hotspot.
Open the WiiM app on your iPad.
Set up WiiM.
Thanks for that idea. Did so and I was able to complete setup. This means that my router/router’s firmware and the WiiM Pro don’t get along. I have received a response to my ticket to forward the brand/type to WiiM customer support so they can acquire and test the router.

I have also found posts regarding this matter on my internet provider’s forum. So I’m not alone.

Thanks for that idea. Did so and I was able to complete setup. This means that my router/router’s firmware and the WiiM Pro don’t get along. I have received a response to my ticket to forward the brand/type to WiiM customer support so they can acquire and test the router.

I have also found posts regarding this matter on my internet provider’s forum. So I’m not alone.
Good to see you’ve made some progress, albeit just a little. What’s the make/ model of your router in case others hit similar issues?

Back