Multiroom at a large scale

Gavr0che

Hi everyone,

I am planning to create a multiroom system in a fairly large building, so I have some questions to avoid missing out on this project.

The walls are quite thick and the wifi doesn't work well in rooms far from my computer rack even with repeaters, but I have an ethernet wall socket in each room connected directly to my rack, can I use only the ethernet socket of the Wiim Pro to connect them together on an existing network with a fixed ip?

And up to how many Wiim Pro's can I connect to the same multi-room network? I would need at least 6.

And one last question, is it possible to control a multiroom system as a master-slave or do I have to control them individually?

If anyone has the answers, I'm interested. Thank you.

Regarding multiroom based on the Linkplay solution:
- it's a master-slaves system
- network connection doesn't matter, you can mix Minis with Pros for example
- no idea about the scaling limit

Thanks a lot, that's good to know, in my case I plan to use only Wiim Pro in Ethernet, does it have an impact on the network in terms of performance (interference, transfer of large files and response time)?

Basically does it affect the other devices on my network?

Well, if my very basic math is even remotely correct, and assuming that this is even how it works!
(Preparing for a roasting...)

1.4 Mbps to stream a CD quality file, and you're sending that that to 6 devices, but only downloading from the internet once, so no additional internet considerations.
1.4 * 6 = 8.4 Mbps, which is not even 1% of your, presumably, gigabit ethernet network bandwidth.

I'd be quite surprised if you even noticed a ittle bit of music flying around the place...

Excellent, I just wanted to make sure there wouldn't be too much traffic, there are a lot of devices that communicate via this network to work properly.
It remains to be known how many modules I can use at the same time. Thanks for the quick reply !

Back