Multiroom - Click between Tracks

Witterings

Major Contributor
If I'm using 2 devices for Multiroom I get an annoying click between tracks but this doesn't happe when just playing one one device ... does anyone else get the same?

Welcome to the club. This is a birth injury of this device. The problem was reported 4 months ago, the developers are unable to fix it.

Welcome to the club. This is a birth injury of this device. The problem was reported 4 months ago, the developers are unable to fix it.

That's a bit of a joke for a system marketed as multiroom but hey ho.

It's also saved me the expense of buying 2 Pros (assuming they do the same) as the only reason for me getting them was so I didn't have to keep toggling Amazon HD on and off when going between single device and multiroom.

I'm not so bothered about multiroom quality as it's not critical listening so I'll just use my Echo Dots for that instead ... shame.

@WiiM Support @WiiM Team ..... Is there any chance of getting this resolved?

That's a bit of a joke for a system marketed as multiroom but hey ho.

It's also saved me the expense of buying 2 Pros (assuming they do the same) as the only reason for me getting them was so I didn't have to keep toggling Amazon HD on and off when going between single device and multiroom.

I'm not so bothered about multiroom quality as it's not critical listening so I'll just use my Echo Dots for that instead ... shame.

@WiiM Support @WiiM Team ..... Is there any chance of getting this resolved?

@WiiM Support @WiiM Team

Any chance of a response to this or is it one of the questions that gets ignored because the answer's not what customers might want to hear?

I’ve just played from the Amazon music app to an Alexa MRM group comprising my Show 15 and WiiM Pro, and then from the WiiM app to a Linkplay linked group of my Mini and Pro, again from Amazon Music, and I couldn’t discern any clicks at all between tracks. In fact, the Linkplay group looked to be happily playing lossless HD into the bargain…

Last edited:
I’ve just played from the Amazon music app to an Alexa MRM group comprising my Show 15 and WiiM Pro, and then from the WiiM app to a Linkplay linked group of my Mini and Pro, again from Amazon Music, and I couldn’t discern any clicks at all between tracks. In fact, the Linkplay group looked to be happily playing lossless HD into the bargain…
I am very happy for you. But do not deny the reality. There is a topic with 70 answers, where the problem is discussed by many participants. the developers have made patches for some music services . A lot depends on the amplifiers used. But the underlying problem is in the streamer (I'm only talking about the mini).
At the same time, older products from Arylic (which are based on the old generation of Linkplay) work flawlessly

Can you confirm that this is only happening with the Mini, not the Pro?

Funny to get a post in this thread today as WiiM had messaged me about the issue a while ago and I sent a message yesterday asking if there was an update and they replied overnight saying it's a know issue when using Alexa Multiroom and they're still working on it.

Just to clarify it's the Pro not the Mini and I'm casting from the Amazon Music App to an Alexa multiroom group, I may try it from within the WiiM App and see if that's an alternative until they find a fix.

Back