Popping/clicking when switching tracks

paoloco

Hi all,

I've had this problem since I got my WiiM Amp 3 days ago. Each time you click "next", or select a new track, in each case while another track is playing, there is a pause (which is normal) followed my a clicking/popping sound before it plays the selected track. There is no clicking/popping if you simply let the one track play and then move to the next, automatically. This issue occur during listening local audio file (DLNA) or Amazon Music.

Does anyone detect the same problem ?

Exactly same problem here. Got my Amp two days ago from Amazon UK. No problem with humming or noise from amp but get the same popping problem when starting a play list, which is very noticeable as I have a sub connected. No problem when moving from song to song as playlist runs, but manually picking a song within the playlist. I get the same problem if I switch to optical for tv - two or three pops then no problem for rest of program until I go back to Deezer on WiFi. Love the unit so far otherwise. Hope there is a solution.

Exactly same problem here. Got my Amp two days ago from Amazon UK. No problem with humming or noise from amp but get the same popping problem when starting a play list, which is very noticeable as I have a sub connected. No problem when moving from song to song as playlist runs, but manually picking a song within the playlist. I get the same problem if I switch to optical for tv - two or three pops then no problem for rest of program until I go back to Deezer on WiFi. Love the unit so far otherwise. Hope there is a solution.
Please submit a ticket to WiiM thru the feedback section in the app when it happens so they can inspect your device logs for clues - the more who do that, the more chance they have of identifying the root cause and fixing it :)

I received a reply from Wiim Support. They suggested the to adjust the latency switch rate and turn on fade in/out.

The pops/cracks reminds me alot of dropping the turntable needle. Remember those days? :D

I received a reply from Wiim Support. They suggested the to adjust the latency switch rate and turn on fade in/out.

The pops/cracks reminds me alot of dropping the turntable needle. Remember those days? :D
I have tried both actions without success and you are in right it reminds very old habits in listening music. :)

Reactions: PCH
Anyone else notice that when using the "fade in and fade out" setting, the popping noises when changing tracks is actually worse? I am mainly chromecasting YTM from my phone and the track change is more seamless WITHOUT the fade in/out enabled. Odd.

I have fade-in/fade-out on, I will try it off tomorrow to see if there is any improvement. Could not find a latency setting in menus, could anyone point me in the right direction?

I have fade-in/fade-out on, I will try it off tomorrow to see if there is any improvement. Could not find a latency setting in menus, could anyone point me in the right direction?
Device > Gear icon > Audio output

The delay setting is displayed only when the output is Optical or Coaxial.

Screenshot_2024-01-03-13-29-20-730_com.linkplay.wiimhome-edit.jpg

Last edited:

Was your problem with WiiM pro or WiiM Amp? I have no latency setting on my WiiM Amp as I have no digital outs.

The problem is related to WiiM Amp.
I have also opened a ticket 6 days ago but up to know the issue is still open,

I'm planning to return the unit and activate a replacement, currently no answer from the support

My problem related to using the WiiM Amp with my Rel subwoofer attached to high level outs (speaker posts on amp) as recommended by Rel. When changing tracks manually in a playlist I would get two loud thumps from the sub.I would have no problem if songs were allowed to play through in the playlist. The problem disappeared when I connected the sub to the subwoofer out on amp with a RCA coax cable. So I have a satisfactory workaround rather than a solution.

My problem related to using the WiiM Amp with my Rel subwoofer attached to high level outs (speaker posts on amp) as recommended by Rel. When changing tracks manually in a playlist I would get two loud thumps from the sub.I would have no problem if songs were allowed to play through in the playlist. The problem disappeared when I connected the sub to the subwoofer out on amp with a RCA coax cable. So I have a satisfactory workaround rather than a solution.
Is this relevant?

Is this relevant?
Great catch, thank you. This is quite possibly the source of my problem. This is my first class D amp and I was wiring up per Rel’s directions for class A/B amps.

Hi all,

I've had this problem since I got my WiiM Amp 3 days ago. Each time you click "next", or select a new track, in each case while another track is playing, there is a pause (which is normal) followed my a clicking/popping sound before it plays the selected track. There is no clicking/popping if you simply let the one track play and then move to the next, automatically. This issue occur during listening local audio file (DLNA) or Amazon Music.

Does anyone detect the same problem

Same problem with Pro + just received. Tried latency and fade in/out to no avail.

I get this issue with or without the fade in setting, please file a bug via the app!

Anyone else notice that when using the "fade in and fade out" setting, the popping noises when changing tracks is actually worse? I am mainly chromecasting YTM from my phone and the track change is more seamless WITHOUT the fade in/out enabled. Odd.
Yes it is worse.

English is not my native language, but I will try my best ..
Do you have a sub connected to the wiim amp? In my case when I connected the sub to the sub output via rca cable (streaming from Tidal), the clicking and popping were present ("fade in / fade out was on") , but only through the sub, through the speakers, there was no problem. I solved this by connecting my sub in parallel with the speakers (my sub B&W ASW 608 has also speaker-level inputs). I don't use sub functionality of the amp, so the sub is set to off.

Back