Popping/clicking when switching tracks

AdieH

Hi all,

I've had this problem since I got my WiiM Mini about 3 months ago. Each time you click "next", or select a new track, in each case while another track is playing, there is a pause (which is normal) followed my a clicking/popping sound before it plays the selected track. There is no clicking/popping if you simply let the one track play and then move to the next, automatically.

I am using Qobuz (thru the WiiM app), but this also happens with Spotify connect.

Hardware is a Denafrips Ares II DAC with a QED cable optical cable.

The release notes from a few months ago identified this as an issue, but it said it was solved. I don't think it is. (The issue was described as:"Popping noise coming through speaker's when changing tracks when using optical output to DAC optical in").

When I logged a ticket (after the release notes claimed it was "solved") they said they are working on it, suggesting it was indeed, not solved. But, the issue persists.

Any ideas? Does anyone else have the same issue, or the same hardware, with no issue?

Cheers,

Adrian

It would and I have contacted Topping but I see similar complaints on this thread. Same issue which, in my case I guess gets amplified when using XLR.

Reading some posts above the noise is related to shutting off and turning on the clocks which is on the Wiim.

It would and I have contacted Topping but I see similar complaints on this thread. Same issue which, in my case I guess gets amplified when using XLR.

Reading some posts above the noise is related to shutting off and turning on the clocks which is on the Wiim.

Do you have any other source with digital output you could try into the Dac instead of the WiiM to see what happens,

Do you have any other source with digital output you could try into the Dac instead of the WiiM to see what happens,
No noise with any of my 4 transports. Now, those are fixed sampling rate whereas the Wiim changes according to the source track.

Wiim sent me a firmware update to try. Great response from Wiim!!!!

Back