Native playback of DSD with Squeezelite

slartibartfast

Does the WiiM Amp support native DSD or DSD-over-PCM? I am using the Squeezelite feature and have the DSDPlayer plugin installed on LMS and noticed that dsf files would only play back if I disabled DSD-over-PCM. Is this a limitation of the DAC in the Amp or could DSD-over-PCM be enabled by adding the -D switch to the command line of Squeezelite?

Found the answer via google, I think? Link

The Wiim Amp’s chipset is capable of decoding DSD streams natively, but at the moment the Amp’s software doesn’t support it.

There’s no official timeline for this to change, but if you use Roon, you have a stop-gap. Roon can transcode/downconvert DSD streams into standard PCM, which the Amp can decode.

Hope this helps.
Best regards,
Martin

Found the answer via google, I think? Link

The Wiim Amp’s chipset is capable of decoding DSD streams natively, but at the moment the Amp’s software doesn’t support it.

There’s no official timeline for this to change, but if you use Roon, you have a stop-gap. Roon can transcode/downconvert DSD streams into standard PCM, which the Amp can decode.

Hope this helps.
Best regards,
Martin
Well found 😀. I wonder if it is possible for the Amp. Native DSD needs to be bitperfect so that probably means that the volume can't be changed. Time will tell. Meanwhile LMS can also transcode to PCM.

Back