New Pro Plus FW - 4.8.532839

After this firmware update, when I connect to my Pro Plus from the Amazon music app using Alexa Cast I get an error message: Something went wrong. Please try again later. However, the connection is established and it works. This is quite strange.

Last edited:
After this firmware update I can no longer connect to my Pro Plus from the Amazon music app using Alexa Cast. I get an error message: Something went wrong. Please try again later.

That error appears frequently in AM apps regardless of WiiM updates. Repeated connections and disconnections often result in errors.

Try rebooting your WiiM and clearing the AM app cache.

I have rebooted and cleared the cache. I get the same error message. After a second attempt, I get the same error message but at the same time it is displayed the message: Connected to Wiim Pro Plus and the connection works.

After this firmware update, when I connect to my Pro Plus from the Amazon music app using Alexa Cast I get an error message: Something went wrong. Please try again later. However, the connection is established and it works. This is quite strange.
Try rebooting your device and maybe your router, and killing and restarting the amazon music app.

I tried first with my iPad Amazon music app to my Pro Plus and like you, it said the device disconnected and wouldn’t connect after a few attempts. I tried rebooting the Pro Plus to no avail. I switched to my android phone though and it connected first time. I then tried my iPad again and it connected firstly to my Pro Ok and then no problem to my Pro Plus.

I don’t know if the issue coincided with the new firmware, but my amazon music app has been misbehaving badly in recent days on my iPad - it can take three attempts to open it after it shows the banner page and crashes with no error message.

If you don’t have a large library, or lots of downloads, I’d delete and re install the amazon music app as well as trying the remedies above - it might not be the new firmware but the amazon music app. Nonetheless if the issue persists, raise a ticket with WiiM so the can inspect your device log for issues at their end.

The AM update on Oct 9 seems to have made things even worse. So I haven't updated yet. 😅

I have tried to connect from my Android phone and I got no message error. Then I uninstalled and reinstalled the Amazon Music app from my Android tablet and connected with no message error. It looks like it is not a firmware issue.

The AM update on Oct 9 seems to have made things even worse. So I haven't updated yet. 😅
Yeah, I read somewhere (probably in the Wild West that is Reddit ;) ) that the issues with the last update were because of a “broken db schema”. How they’d know that (if indeed that was the cause) is anyone’s guess…

Back