New Update *.513047

WiiM better? May be yes may be not. The company that produces CS1
has been a top HiFi company since time immemorial.
Surely their DAC should be much better.
Other data, the weight of the CS1 is more than 1 Kg.
It's not just due to an aluminum cabinet. I believe ;)
DAC is basically identical. The fact that the company has been around longer is probably why they think they can charge twice the price for a product with far less features.

Pricing might also be much higher because they advertise the device to be a full MQA decoder....

Edit: And renderer...

Seems a rather petty reason to want to ditch a product, though.
It will be because I have been a WiiM fan for more than 1 year (Mini) and I can assure you that the customer care behavior was very different.
I have nothing against the products, which I find excellent.
I am VERY disappointed with the behavior of what should be a customer care.
They could have improved, they could have remained the same and instead they have gotten much worse. This disappointed me

Pricing might also be much higher because they advertise the device to be a full MQA decoder....

Edit: And renderer...
Oh, forgot to add.....if you read the FAQ on how to stream MQA with the device, you will find out very quickly that it is false advertising....

It will be because I have been a WiiM fan for more than 1 year (Mini) and I can assure you that the customer care behavior was very different.
I have nothing against the products, which I find excellent.
I am VERY disappointed with the behavior of what should be a customer care.
They could have improved, they could have remained the same and instead they have gotten much worse. This disappointed me
How much care do you think you'll get from NAD? As others have said, the grass is not always greener.

This is the second time I receive an update without any warning. Seeing a new FW here, I check in Device>Speaker Info and I see that I too have received an update.
Badly tolerable.
I think as soon as it comes out I'll switch to CS1
As an aside, I first learned about WiiM while reading a discussion about the upcoming CS1 that I was interested in. But in my use case using jRiver as my server, I preferred the idea that I could use the free WiiM Home app rather than the $10 jRiver app for remote control. What I have learned in the last month or so since I bought the WiiM Pro is that there as many use cases and user configurations for these systems as there are users.

This is the second time I receive an update without any warning. Seeing a new FW here, I check in Device>Speaker Info and I see that I too have received an update.
Badly tolerable.
And lose Amazon Music support, almost certainly casting from the Amazon Music app?:I don’t see that mentioned in its literature.
You could be throwing the baby out with the bath water…

Badly tolerable.
So that’s it? You’ll jump ship? 😃
For the price and features, WIIM pro is still unbeaten. On the features list of NAD, they don’t seem to include as many as Wiim.

How much care do you think you'll get from NAD? As others have said, the grass is not always greener.
I've owned 3 NAD amps so far and I love all of them. All remain within the family. Customer service is however very slow and product documentation has been reduced to bare minimum compared to my older NADs (302, c356bee). Currently running c368 I my main system with the wiim pro as streamer, for reference.

At first look cs1 seem very very close to what wiim pro hardware wise IMO. It's certainly doesn't seem to be a "great dac" but rather it's there because"it should have a dac".

Won't disregard it until reading some thorough reviews though. I find it interesting NAD even released the unit and not a bluesound streamer that seem to go into most new NAD products nowadays (probably not to compete with the node 2i).

No question... updates should be opt-in or on-demand NEVER automatic. WiiM will lose many customers if they do not change this.

I assume the thinking is that it won't need the support, plus in my experience over the last month it couldn't be any worse.
I too am waiting on the CS1, and if through the initial testing it doesn't meet my needs then it'll be going back (like the WiiM's will). I think it's a dangerous signal to send to companies that they can release products and spend the next couple of years fixing them. I would understand everyone's patience if it were an open source project, but this is a commercial enterprise and you/we all deserve better.

Checked the NAD CS1. It pales compared to the WiiM Pro. The WiiM Pro toslink bridge (optical SPDIF In, optical SPDIF out) is a winner, to name one advantage on the WiiM Pro side.

I assume the thinking is that it won't need the support, plus in my experience over the last month it couldn't be any worse.
I too am waiting on the CS1, and if through the initial testing it doesn't meet my needs then it'll be going back (like the WiiM's will). I think it's a dangerous signal to send to companies that they can release products and spend the next couple of years fixing them. I would understand everyone's patience if it were an open source project, but this is a commercial enterprise and you/we all deserve better.
I haven't had a single issue with my Pro.
Couldn't be happier with it.

WiiM better? May be yes may be not. The company that produces CS1
has been a top HiFi company since time immemorial.
Surely their DAC should be much better.
Other data, the weight of the CS1 is more than 1 Kg.
It's not just due to an aluminum cabinet. I believe ;)
At $349.00, the CS1 is more than double the cost of the Pro. There is talk of WiiM producing a product above the current Pro. But for now, I still believe the Pro is a better value, IMO. Pro is currently on sale today at 15% off btw.

At $349.00, the CS1 is more than double the cost of the Pro. There is talk of WiiM producing a product above the current Pro. But for now, I still believe the Pro is a better value, IMO. Pro is currently on sale today at 15% off btw.
Haven’t seen any evidence that WiiM are producing another product above the current Pro. I’m aware they were talking of two new potential products this year, and one looks like it’s the alarm clock that was previously shown on their website, but there’s been nothing other than speculation as to what the other might be.

With everything else being equal then of course the WiiM Pro would be better value, but we're hoping it's not. Personally I wanted the WiiM for UPnP and unfortunately that's not working as I'd like, so regardless of whether the WiiM has an extra casting protocol or SPDIF-in, it's value to me is significantly less than the CS1 if that works properly.

Have you looked at the CS1? It lacks majorly in many areas. Not only in connectivity but stream bandwidth offerings. No context, the WiiM Pro is the better product. I own products of both brands, so no bias here.

I've seen the specs, but it's not available at the moment so I haven't tried it.
I'm not sure you're following my logic; the WiiM doesn't work as a UPnP renderer for me (because of a couple of bugs) so it's worthless, so how can that be better than anything else? I'm not the one saying that x is better than y, for some reason everyone else is, even though it just appears to be on the basis "more features = more better".
Sorry I don't know what you mean by 'stream bandwidth offerings'. It states DLNA is supported up to 24/192 which is the same as the WiiM.

Back