No sound output!

Gscott

Major Contributor
Funny thing this morning. I haven't use the pro in about two weeks. Fired it up this morning...no sound output. Rebooted app...nothing. No loose connections and the app seemed to be working fine. After going through a few things, I noticed "fix output" was not turned off. Turned on fixed output...sound! Not sure what happened.

Funny thing this morning. I haven't use the pro in about two weeks. Fired it up this morning...no sound output. Rebooted app...nothing. No loose connections and the app seemed to be working fine. After going through a few things, I noticed "fix output" was not turned off. Turned on fixed output...sound! Not sure what happened.
Hi Gscott,

Please send us a feedback ticket on the WiiM Home App so we can troubleshoot it further. There are a few items whenever there is no sound -
1. Correct audio output port selected on the App
2. Audio volume (if Fixed volume output is disabled)
3. If the optical or Coaxial out is used, please play the test audio and check if you can hear the test audio of 16-bit, 48kHz. You can play test audio from Device setting > Audio Settings > SPDIF Output Resolution or Coax Output Resolution > Scroll down to the bottom then play test audio.

Thank you!

Hi Gscott,

Please send us a feedback ticket on the WiiM Home App so we can troubleshoot it further. There are a few items whenever there is no sound -
3. If the optical or Coaxial out is used, please play the test audio and check if you can hear the test audio of 16-bit, 48kHz. You can play test audio from Device setting > Audio Settings > SPDIF Output Resolution or Coax Output Resolution > Scroll down to the bottom then play test audio.

Thank you!
I think perhaps you misunderstood, although there does seem to be a spurious "not" in the post.
The issue seems to have been that Gscott expected the volume to be fixed, but it wasn't. i.e. that somehow fixed had been turned off and the volume was way down.
When put back to fixed there was sound again.

I think perhaps you misunderstood, although there does seem to be a spurious "not" in the post.
The issue seems to have been that Gscott expected the volume to be fixed, but it wasn't. i.e. that somehow fixed had been turned off and the volume was way down.
When put back to fixed there was sound again.
Correct, Mr Ee. I meant to say "fixed output" was off. Sound returned when I turned "fixed volume" on.

Hi Gscott,

Thank you!
Done.

Back