Ok wiimers, you have to forgive me...

merifon

Major Contributor
After a week of testing Bluos vs WiiM, I got a winner...
I have to start by saying that I got that Nad amp, essentially for Dirac and Bluos was just part of the pack.
Besides the known bug of randomly difficulties to doTidal connection with Android 14, it also sounds worst than WiiM mini optical connected.
The back an forth switching with WiiM, shows a very little volume up for the latter and WiiM is clearer and less annoying. These are nuances but Bluos, especially after compulsively changes of setting, tipically Dirac on off, sometimes starts to make a little crackling noise, that desappear if I switch to another source and back to Bluos.
All these facts, feed my biases so I decided to continue listening with WiiM, that Also offer more options.
Hoping in new Bluos releases...
Obviously, all could depends from Nad Mdc module, I don't know. It seem that too many operations on Bluos, lead to a sort of lack of memory, so the noise and other quirks, like hungs requiring hard reset.
I have to say that after a reset and without compulsive operations, both systems seems to return sounding equal..

Last edited:
Back