Please tell me about Qobuz

Wiimer

Major Contributor
Qobuz will be launched in December in my country.
Studio Solo costs 1280 JPY (8.5 USD) per month for a one-year subscription.

I'm going to be using Qobuz, but before I do that, I'd like to do a little preparation.
Which is the best way to use Qobuz on android?

WHA, BubbleUPnP, Chromecast

I don't think Chromecast supports gapless and 24/192. Does BubbleUPnP play from within the app in the same way as WHA? Or will it connect with Chromecast? If so, is there any difference between the Qobuz app's Chromecast?

Thanks in advance. 😊

Good morning, Sir.
A few suggestions from an old Qobuz user.
Bubble does it in the correct way. In my case two icons appear for the WiiM. One for CC and one WiiM. Guess which is the better one..😉
Personally I had to learn a week or so before that a mconnect version for Android exists. Works without any issue and I like it more than Bubble. But mainly for optical reasons.
Have to add that mconnect for Android seems to be free in Germany and at other regions not. A fact that I really do not understand. The only explanation could be that they somehow noticed I paid for the iOS version already.
Take care!

Good morning.
It's already time for dinner. 😊

If I search for mconnect on the Playstore, I will find a lot of them!
Which app should I use? From your words, I think maybe mconnect player HD, is that correct?

I'm going to try both Bubble and mconnect.

Thank you. 😉

Screenshot_2023-11-07-18-12-02-365_com.android.vending-edit.jpg

Yes, this HD version is my choice. But unfortunately it seems to be not free of charge. And I really do not remember the limitations of the Lite version. There must be some, otherwise I hadn't pay for the iOS app.

But I have surely mentioned that before. These apps in my eyes are also toys. A fact we love both 😉 Are they necessary? The WiiM app handles it perfect for me. Use the Qobuz app for sorting out, put albums, tracks or playlists in your Q favorites and play it via WHA. But you or others may have a different view.

Thank you. 😉

Is Qobuz in WHA more comfortable than AM?
In any case, I need to try all the methods.
I'm very excited. 😁

That is a question I am the wrong person. I absolutely prefer the Qobuz app against all others.

You’ll not have voice control of Qobuz, but otherwise it’s a great choice :)
Considering that Qobuz has a good reputation here, it might be worth giving up Alexa. 😊

Fortunately, the WHA has an alarm function. IFTTT may be a substitute, but it's very expensive.

I prefer BubbleUpnp on my Android phone and Mconnect on my iPad (landscape mode is nice).

I am also using native Qobuz App for browsing the content on Android. When i find an album or playlist i want to listen to, I then use the "share" feature inside Qobuz App and share it with BubbleUpnp and listen from there. Also doing it the same way with Tidal on my integrated Amp which has no Chromecast/Tidal Connect

I prefer BubbleUpnp on my Android phone and Mconnect on my iPad (landscape mode is nice).

I am also using native Qobuz App for browsing the content on Android. When i find an album or playlist i want to listen to, I then use the "share" feature inside Qobuz App and share it with BubbleUpnp and listen from there. Also doing it the same way with Tidal on my integrated Amp which has no Chromecast/Tidal Connect
Thank you. 😊

I looked at the landscape screen of Mconnect player HD. Mconnect HD seems to be for tablets only.

I'm using a phone and a tablet, so I might need to buy two apps. 😅💸

I've used all of the above, including the 'share' option to BubbleUPnP. What do I find most convenient and, dare I say, friendly and informative? The Qobuz native app on my Pixelbook. Yes, it uses Chromecast at 96kHz only and won't do gapless but, well, for the most part these don't much matter for my listening habits. And when I do actually want to listen to an album gapless I can always resort to WHA or Bubble.

Just try all these apps and see how you feel. They're not that expensive in the grand scheme of things.

I use Qobuz but in conjunction with LMS in a hybrid sort of way.
Once a week (Friday if I remember) I go onto their web player and/or the Qobuz iOS app and go through and favourite some of the new releases.
They then immediately become available for me to play via LMS and overnight they will become fully integrated into my LMS library.
Apart from Roon, LMS is the only system I know of that allows this.
As far as control app is concerned I always use the Material skin gui access to LMS on my phone whether its local, Qobuz, Radio Paradise, Internet Radio etc its all in one place.

I've used all of the above, including the 'share' option to BubbleUPnP. What do I find most convenient and, dare I say, friendly and informative? The Qobuz native app on my Pixelbook. Yes, it uses Chromecast at 96kHz only and won't do gapless but, well, for the most part these don't much matter for my listening habits. And when I do actually want to listen to an album gapless I can always resort to WHA or Bubble.

Just try all these apps and see how you feel. They're not that expensive in the grand scheme of things.
Thank you.

Yes, of course I'm going to try all the methods (although I can't use LMS or Roon because I don't want to use a PC.)

And I have a feeling that Qobuz connect will be released in December. 😊

And nearly similar to @d6jg with the second coffee on a Friday morning it is kind of ritual for me to check new releases in Qobuz and in allmusic. To be honest, with all this routines even Roon is not so important for me (but for my wife) as it was. For LMS my IT skills never been good enough, so I did not even check it.

I use Qobuz but in conjunction with LMS in a hybrid sort of way.
Once a week (Friday if I remember) I go onto their web player and/or the Qobuz iOS app and go through and favourite some of the new releases.
They then immediately become available for me to play via LMS and overnight they will become fully integrated into my LMS library.
Apart from Roon, LMS is the only system I know of that allows this.
As far as control app is concerned I always use the Material skin gui access to LMS on my phone whether its local, Qobuz, Radio Paradise, Internet Radio etc its all in one place.
Thank you. 😊

Can I use an LMS over the phone?
I have an Asus Mini PC for private use, but it's low processing power.

Also, I'm not sure if there's any benefit to using an LMS or Roon just for Qobuz.

Thank you.

Yes, of course I'm going to try all the methods (although I can't use LMS or Roon because I don't want to use a PC.)

And I have a feeling that Qobuz connect will be released in December. 😊

Well here's hoping that the gestation of Qobuz Connect isn't as extended as that of Spotify lossless. 🤞

I also ruled out Roon and LMS, in part because I didn't want another device running 24/7 but also because my own digital music library has been static for years. If there's something therein I'd like to listen to there's often a better remaster on the streaming services.

I flirted with JPlay (iOS/iPadOS) but stumbled over some glitches and couldn't justify the subscription.

Back