Please tell me about Qobuz

Depends what you mean by soon. My hunch is that we'll see it at least in beta form on WiiM during the first quarter next year.
I stay very skeptical on this issue. And there are rumors that if they have such "Connect" it will be not the equal to the competition. They will do their own thing. But I cross fingers that all the expectations are satisfied once it appears. It seems to be a real big thing for some. Or some more 😉

Qobuz will be launched in December in my country.
Studio Solo costs 1280 JPY (8.5 USD) per month for a one-year subscription.

I'm going to be using Qobuz, but before I do that, I'd like to do a little preparation.
Which is the best way to use Qobuz on android?

WHA, BubbleUPnP, Chromecast

I don't think Chromecast supports gapless and 24/192. Does BubbleUPnP play from within the app in the same way as WHA? Or will it connect with Chromecast? If so, is there any difference between the Qobuz app's Chromecast?

Thanks in advance. 😊
Hi @Wiimer
I have Qobuz and I have tried the 3 Apps. Bubble; MConnect ; WiiM App and this is my personal evaluation ;)
Bubble, absolutely the best. Is the one that I use. I have the license, 4€ lifetime.
MConnect, a medium App. Not bad but neither so good
WiiM App. The worst. 10.000 Km behind Bubble or MConnect
Of course this is my personal opinion.
Try and see what is better for you ;) 🤭

Hi @Wiimer
I have Qobuz and I have tried the 3 Apps. Bubble; MConnect ; WiiM App and this is my personal evaluation ;)
Bubble, absolutely the best. Is the one that I use. I have the license, 4€ lifetime.
MConnect, a medium App. Not bad but neither so good
WiiM App. The worst. 10.000 Km behind Bubble or MConnect
Of course this is my personal opinion.
Try and see what is better for you ;) 🤭
Hi, @Maurizio

I love your honest opinions. 🤣
I understood. I will follow your evaluation and going to try the most yummy dish at the end. 😋

Thank you. 😉

Last edited:
Hi, @Maurizio

I love your honest opinions. 🤣
I understood. I will follow your evaluation and going to try the most yummy dish at the end. 😋

Thank you. 😉
@Wiimer Welcome my friend. I'd like to add a few quick notes about Bubble. 😊
1)You can start with the free version, just to see what the App looks like and how it works. To have all the functions, however, you must purchase the license. I think i remember that the Gapless feature is one of those that only works with the license.
2) Bubble is really full of options. By setting the various options you can really adapt it to your needs. Nothing complicated, but there are lots of menus and sub-menus so take the time to explore them all and experiment with the various settings.
3) Bubble is the most similar to the native App. For example, by tapping on the album cover in the Now Playing window, a pop-up window opens containing Qobuz reviews regarding the Album. Obviously if they are in Qobuz. From there, you also have the possibility to view/download the album booklets. Of course always if they are present in Qobuz.
4) You have the widest choice on how to order the Albums and how to view the covers. List/Grid. Not only that, you can also zoom in or out on the covers to have more or fewer Albums on the same page.
Of the three Apps it is the only one that offers you all the possibilities I have told you about. Last thing I can say is that it works smoothly, has frequent updates, and also on a graphic level it is very well done.;)
Having said that.......experiment and choose.😂😂
I also have MConnect on IOS, but I rarely use it. I never use WiiM App. Too primitive.
Stay well😊

What happen to quoboz connect that suppose to lunch before the year end? We haven’t heard any new information.

What happen to quoboz connect that suppose to lunch before the year end? We haven’t heard any new information.
I don't know either 🤔 . But.....will they do it or will it be like the Spotify HiFi story? Luckily I also live without Qobuz Connect.;)😂

@Wiimer Welcome my friend. I'd like to add a few quick notes about Bubble. 😊
1)You can start with the free version, just to see what the App looks like and how it works. To have all the functions, however, you must purchase the license. I think i remember that the Gapless feature is one of those that only works with the license.
2) Bubble is really full of options. By setting the various options you can really adapt it to your needs. Nothing complicated, but there are lots of menus and sub-menus so take the time to explore them all and experiment with the various settings.
3) Bubble is the most similar to the native App. For example, by tapping on the album cover in the Now Playing window, a pop-up window opens containing Qobuz reviews regarding the Album. Obviously if they are in Qobuz. From there, you also have the possibility to view/download the album booklets. Of course always if they are present in Qobuz.
4) You have the widest choice on how to order the Albums and how to view the covers. List/Grid. Not only that, you can also zoom in or out on the covers to have more or fewer Albums on the same page.
Of the three Apps it is the only one that offers you all the possibilities I have told you about. Last thing I can say is that it works smoothly, has frequent updates, and also on a graphic level it is very well done.;)
Having said that.......experiment and choose.😂😂
I also have MConnect on IOS, but I rarely use it. I never use WiiM App. Too primitive.
Stay well😊

Wow @Maurizio 😊

Thanks for teaching me a lot.
Of all the helpful tips you gave me, I think the 3rd feature is especially important for me.

Please let me know again when I get Qobuz next month. 🙏
And you to stay well. 😉

I’m sure it’s been said by Qobuz that they hoped to work with partners towards the end of this year (and that might or might include WiiM despite what one Qobuz employee said in their joint video a while back), before going into production with other partners afterwards in 2024. That might still happen but it’s all down to Qobuz being ready to release their Connect API and they seem even more rigorous than Roon…

If you want to keep track of it, follow the Qobuz support thread on audiophilestyle where one of their lead employees/project managers David Craff often comments.

If they have Elon musk fortune, they can hire a nation of engineers to get this thing done at break neck speed. Things can get done fast money talks.

If they have Elon musk fortune, they can hire a nation of engineers to get this thing done at break neck speed. Things can get done fast money talks.
But they don't, they're still a relatively small player in the overall streaming market despite being preferred by "audiophiles". And you'll see in that thread when challenged about the time it's taking, they replied "If you take into account the decision to do it, the thinking about how to do it, the practical implementation (development) and the size of Qobuz's resources for such a big project, then yes, it does take quite a long time, unfortunately."

Patience ;)

Wow @Maurizio 😊

Thanks for teaching me a lot.
Of all the helpful tips you gave me, I think the 3rd feature is especially important for me.

Please let me know again when I get Qobuz next month. 🙏
And you to stay well. 😉
Hi @Wiimer
Always happy if I can help a friend. 😊
Take care.
And..... Your tons of women? 😂😂😂

Does Google do a Japanese <-> Italian or Japanese <-> German translation service? Just wondering.

Bietet Google einen Übersetzungsdienst für Japanisch <-> Italienisch oder Japanisch <-> Deutsch an?

Google は日本語 <-> イタリア語、または日本語 <-> ドイツ語の翻訳サービスを提供していますか?

Maybe

Back