power cable

wqhpop

I want improve my wiim pro+ 's power cable.But the power cable is type-c to usb a.It's very hard to chose on internet. Can anyone give me some advice?
Anyway, if the power cable is broken or lost, whick kind of power cable can be instead of it? Thank you very much.

Few days ago, i ask one diy shop. He says maybe this cable has the chip in it. If diy the power cable, the sonud quality will be worse.So, i'm confused.

If you think that another power cable is going to sound better, it will sound better.

It's your money.
There is still the chance that you would think it would sound better, and you find it sounds worse or the same :D

Some people seem to forget there is an art to rearing the snakes that are chosen for slaughter to obtain the purest form of snake oil. Not all snake oil is suitable for HiFi use.

I think they have affect on audio. Last time i use another kind

of this cable,the sound quaility worse.So i want to look for the better cable.
Th usual suspects like wireworld and audioquest have some USB-A to USB-C cables in multiple tiers. They are, however, intended to be in the signal path carrying actual data, so I'm not sure that they would make a difference just powering your streamer. 🤔
I haven't really looked into them in detail though. because none of the USB cables in my system are part of the signal path directly (only power for a few components). Although I am curious...

Let us know what you decide and please share your experiences so that we can try to learn/understand. 🙏

having done a cursory search, if you're in europe i would advise you to check out the oehlbach plus or evolution lines, and the supra USB cables. they don't need to break the bank.
if money is no object/you're a bit on the insane side - then there are obviously the cardas, nordost etc. 💸

Meanwhile I heard this one:

Audiophile 1: “Did you hear the sad news about Bob; he died of a sudden illness.”
Audiophile 2: “That’s so sad, what did he have?”
Audiophile 1: " Krell, Wilsons, DCS, Transparent, Cardas and Nordost cables."

It's not a debate topic. In HIFI area,somebody think cable have no effect or have effect. It's not important.
The big problem is nobody can make sure the cable always work well.So i think need plan b. Of course, if the new kind cable can have effect on sound,it will be great.
Somebody give me some advice,can try some high current and low resistance cable, maybe some kind of cellphone fast charging cable.
If somebody can try with me, it will be great.

It does not make sense to change just the cable . Get a whole new power supply if you want. If the power supply was internal and not external 5v then all you could change was the power cable . Now getting a usb c to usb a just to plug it in the Wiim charger is a waste unless you want a longer cable which in that case I would just get a braided Belkin cable and be over it

Last month, i try one kind of Usb data cable. The USB data line 'sdiameter is bigger than wiim pro+'s cable.
The sound sound very thin and Sharp, i think maybe can try charging cable.

It does not make sense to change just the cable . Get a whole new power supply if you want. If the power supply was internal and not external 5v then all you could change was the power cable . Now getting a usb c to usb a just to plug it in the Wiim charger is a waste unless you want a longer cable which in that case I would just get a braided Belkin cable and be over it
I already use the Linear power supply by battery. In this case,use another kind of power cable, also have effect on sound.

Back