Pro Plus settings changing on their own

gwi42

My frustration with WIIM devices has just about run out! Start with the MINI moved up to the PRO and started to have sound issues like the sound breaking up and other issues. I sold that and purchased the Plus and once again here we go with problems. The problem here is the device seems to change to wifi when selecting between the two EQs. I run optical as input and can no longer get it back to optical. If I change the input from wifi to optical it turns on the PEQ if I turn that off the sound goes off it changes the input to wifi. And this is just a continuous loop. The app says I'm on optical but if I open it up wifi is selected. How does in house testing release these buggy devices. My last return date is the 18th so no answer I'm forced to return it.

What firmware and app versions/platform are you on? I recognise the switching inputs issue as a bug which the latest firmware fixed, but WiiM are aware of issues with switching between GEQ and PEQ.

Try a factory reset and start fresh.
Good idea. I just tried that and once again when selecting EQ the sound goes off input is set to wifi and the PEQ is turned on. You can't override it. The same happens if I try line in as input. The unit forces it to PEQ and wifi. It doesn't seem that a factory reset is a real factory reset if the problem still exist.

Last edited:
What firmware and app versions/platform are you on? I recognise the switching inputs issue as a bug which the latest firmware fixed, but WiiM are aware of issues with switching between GEQ and PEQ.
Right now it's on 4.8.529057 I did reset the device back to factory. Before this I was on the latest with the PEQ and the dac filters added.

Right now it's on 4.8.529057 I did reset the device back to factory. Before this I was on the latest with the PEQ and the dac filters added.
Hi gwi42,

Please kindly send us a feedback ticket so we can troubleshoot this for you immediately. My apologies for the inconvenience caused! Thank you for your assistance.

I am also having the same issue.

the sound is cutting in and out and it will not stay on optical input it just reverts to work leaving my DAC worthless…and that is an extremely important part of my stereo setup

I am also having the same issue.

the sound is cutting in and out and it will not stay on optical input it just reverts to work leaving my DAC worthless…and that is an extremely important part of my stereo setup
If you could also submit a ticket via the settings/feedback section in the WiiM Home app, that will further help WiiM diagnose and resolve the issue. Thanks.

The lastest firmware installed today, 4.8.530553, seems to have fixed the issue of the app defaulting to wifi input whenever you change an EQ setting. At least for me -)

Last edited:
Back