Pro stopping and starting music

Ricky Wilson

Thanks for the add, i have a wiim pro running into a audiolab q dac.
Love it.
All was running well until last night when it started stuttering every song played with Qobuz.
Songs i have from apple music played fine.
After resetting the pro, resetting the router, resetting mt ethernet switch it still stopped and started every song.
I finally fixed it by unplugging the power from the wiim pro for half an hour, been ok so far.
Is this a know issue?
Ps love the pro and have a mini i am going to use with a old sonos amp for a pallet patio build im am about to start.

Ok.
I used to get this a lot on 2.4ghz WiFi when playing 24/192 Qobuz. It was a bandwidth issue. Temporarily resolved by rebooting the device. It has been fully resolved by going to 5Ghz WiFi but as you are hard wired it is not the same.

Ok.
I used to get this a lot on 2.4ghz WiFi when playing 24/192 Qobuz. It was a bandwidth issue. Temporarily resolved by rebooting the device. It has been fully resolved by going to 5Ghz WiFi but as you are hard wired it is not the same.
A reboot and shut down and all seems ok now.

I have this same problem with Qobuz, and have since I've had it for the past year. If I use a tablet or my phone to stream Qobuz, it's like it "sputters" trying to start then might play a few seconds, stop, start again for a bit, stop, and on and on. It's a hard wired connection with a static IP address, apps are updated, etc. I hardly even use the WiiM Pro anymore as it's such a PitA and has never worked with that way. IF I use the desktop app, again a wired connection, it works just fine. Kind of a waste.

Back