Roadmap request: Improved NAS and DLNA DMS features

mikehd

Right now these are in the "thinking about it column". Any idea when it would move to "working on it"?

Also, what improvements in features are you thinking about?

My main interests would be to see:
  • Improved navigation speed in my server's folders - takes several presses for it to respond for instance
  • Improved album art presentation - for instance, at the album level only titles are shown, no artist info. Show the album art and the ability to sort by artist
  • Add ability to sort album level by artist, release year, etc.
I currently had to fall back to BubbleUPnP as my user interface as trying to find music on our server is exceedingly slow and inefficient. We don't pay for streaming services so don't see how well it works with those sources.

Right now these are in the "thinking about it column". Any idea when it would move to "working on it"?

Also, what improvements in features are you thinking about?

My main interests would be to see:
  • Improved navigation speed in my server's folders - takes several presses for it to respond for instance
  • Improved album art presentation - for instance, at the album level only titles are shown, no artist info. Show the album art and the ability to sort by artist
  • Add ability to sort album level by artist, release year, etc.
I currently had to fall back to BubbleUPnP as my user interface as trying to find music on our server is exceedingly slow and inefficient. We don't pay for streaming services so don't see how well it works with those sources.
Hi Mikehd,

Thanks for your great suggestions. I'll ask our team to look at how BubbleUPnP handles the NAS and improve the current functionalities inside the WiiM Home App. Please stay tuned!

Back