Sample rate switch latency

Bismarck

Major Contributor
Hi.
It's not clear to me what is the function of this new setting.
Also, what would be the impact, if any, on bit perfect and/or gapless output?

Hi.
It's not clear to me what is the function of this new setting.
Also, what would be the impact, if any, on bit perfect and/or gapless output?
It seems to delay turning on the output after it has been turned off because of sample rate change or manual advance to the another song.

It seems to delay turning on the output after it has been turned off because of sample rate change or manual advance to the another song.
But why is it turned of because of sample rate change or manual advance to another song?
Is it necessary.

Huh? I thought it delays turning OFF the output at track changes? Well, I thought it's at least supposed to, because it doesn't seem to do that.

But why is it turned of because of sample rate change or manual advance to another song?
Is it necessary.
I think it's necessary when sample rate changes to let know the DAC that spdif clock must be locked and synced again. In case of just a manual advance it's not necessary. In fact it doesn't happen with Tidal Connect or Spotify.

I've seen a delay between "off" and "on" states when I was testing this behavior.
Really? I played with it a bit but didn't notice ANY difference.

My DAC also shows that the signal is gone right away after skipping to the next track. No delay. A one second delay should be quite obvious. I thought that was exactly what it's supposed to prevent. But maybe I just don't understand this feature.

Back