saving regular websites on my Amp

stry8458

I am not much interested in music on my amp but rather spoken word, news,narration,sermons....I want to save about 10 websites that I use for this and have them ready on my remote for quick access especially at night when I use the remote by feel only.What is the way to set this up with regards to the app and any tips for this kind of use....thanks

WiiM devices can't save 'regular' websites as such, just radio URLs and similar under Open Network Stream. While you can save these as presets, you currently can only access 4 on the WiiM remote. I'd suggest you consider saving them as bookmarks on a browser on your phone or tablet and using Bluetooth, Airplay or Chromecast to send the audio to your WiiM device.

can I save stuff like CNN and NPR as radio stations? How is it done on the app? I don't use over air comm...I got the Wiim because it has ethernet...

While your WiiM device might well be connected to Ethernet, the WiiM Home app on your phone or tablet won’t be, and it uses your wifi network to communicate with the WiiM device.

Unless CNN and NPR actually have radio stations you can listen to and those have a published url rather than just a website, then I’d say no, you can’t just access them in the manner you think.

I fear you have perhaps misunderstood the purpose of a streamer/amp like the WiiM devices - they’re not a replacement for a pc browser or app in the manner you describe. Best you can do as I say above, is to wirelessly cast audio from your tablet/phone either from a browser or app to a WiiM device, which won’t involve presets nor the WiiM remote.

Don't give up yet!

CNN has a stations on TuneIn (https://tunein.com/cnn/) and on iHeart Radio (https://www.iheart.com/live/cnn-9758/). One should be able to store this as one of the buttons on the remote, no?

NPR is a bit more involved. If you have a specific show or podcast you want to listen to, you might be able to find the URL and store it as a button on the remote. What I can't tell is if the URL will be episode specific. If it is I don't think you can put it on a button as the URL will change with every episode. However, if the current episode is the same URL it should be buttonable.

If it is not, you might be able to use the voice feature on the remote to play it. For example I am not sure if saying play all things considered on NPR would play the latest episode. This might require linking to Alexa and installing the NPR skill.

You can set up any of these in Alexa, and use the WiiM as your default speaker. Easy peasy, voice controlled.

is Tune In free? I won't pay for any content..What exactly is available for free streaming on the amp?Looks like Amazon is playing the "can't cancel order" game for now.. if it shows up I will see what it can do and decide on return then...

Last edited:
is Tune In free? I won't pay for any content..What exactly is available for free streaming on the amp?Looks like Amazon is playing the "can't cancel order" game for now.. if it shows up I will see what it can do and decide on return then...
vtuner is free as far as I'm aware, as is "bbc sounds", (Neither require an account either), spotify has a free tier, and depending on your country, Tidal has a free tier as well.

vtuner is free as far as I'm aware, as is "bbc sounds", (Neither require an account either), spotify has a free tier, and depending on your country, Tidal has a free tier as well.
BBC Sounds isn’t on WiiM. It’s just a couple of links to international streams. Full BBC Sounds does require a (free) account.

BBC Sounds isn’t on WiiM. It’s just a couple of links to international streams. Full BBC Sounds does require a (free) account.
I have BBC Radio 2 preset on mine. While BBC Sounds isn't available, BBC Radio is there in Music services and has all of the UK national and regional stations in (about 38 in total)

can you direct me to a video that shows how to program the remote presets specifically?

can you direct me to a video that shows how to program the remote presets specifically?
Play some content, then on the Now Playing screen, choose the three dot overflow menu. If the content supports it, you should then see a Preset option. Select that then the preset slot you wish to store it in.

Note that the remote can only access presets 1-4 although the app allows up to 12.

btw does the Wiim amp need passive speakers?and if you have a recommend for under 100$ passive/pair feel free to say..

btw does the Wiim amp need passive speakers?and if you have a recommend for under 100$ passive/pair feel free to say..
yes it needs passive speakers. If you want something for active speakers that would be a Mini, Pro, or Pro Plus. Check out Cheap Audioman for $100/pair speaker recommendations. Micca or Dayton Audio perhaps, though your best value is likely used from FB Marketplace or Craig's List.

Last edited:
Back