Scrollbars - not seeing them anywhere - Android WiiM Home App

s3igell

Is it just me?? Or perhaps a Design Philosophy thing??

I don't get Scrollbars on any Media Lists from any Source - Commercial or my Home Music Share.

Yes, I can "Flick" and scroll that way. Works OK for shorter Media Lists, but is a true pita for my (admittedly large) Home Media Share which totals over 1000 Artists / 7500 Albums / 100K Tracks. It takes over 50 "flicks" to get to ZZ Top!!

What am I missing??

Last edited:
Is it just me?? Or perhaps a Design Philosophy thing??

I don't get Scrollbars on any Media Lists from any Source - Commercial or my Home Music Share.

Yes, I can "Flick" and scroll that way. Works OK for shorter Media Lists, but is a true pita for my (admittedly large) Home Media Share which totals over 1000 Artists / 7500 Albums / 100K Tracks. It takes over 50 "flicks" to get to ZZ Top!!

What am I missing??
I think many WiiM users use apps like BubbleUPnP. Unfortunately, the WiiM home app is not a one-size-fits-all.

As Wimmer states the app is limited, and I'm not excusing that (I use an alternative), but I've never understood why people would scroll through x000 items when a search would be quicker.

Yes, I know there are other UPnP/DLNA Players out there. I have BubbleUPnP Player on a few Android Devices.

But my question is of the WiiM Home App support (actually lack of) for Scrollbars.
I'm here to support WiiM (Pro w/ Remote and Pro Plus deployed), and would love to "love" their App.

But my question is of the WiiM Home App support (actually lack of) for Scrollbars.
Both the streaming service apps I have (Spotify and Qobuz) don't have scroll bars so maybe it is a design decision.

I like the app but the absence of a scroll bar for my home library means I too default to BubbleUPnp.
C’mon lets have a scroll bar.
Yes, I hope so. 🙂
This is a request thread, so we are free to post any difficult wish. 😂

I like the app but the absence of a scroll bar for my home library means I too default to BubbleUPnp.
C’mon lets have a scroll bar.
Surely that's not the only reason though?

The more efficient way of addressing this is for the server to present a A-Z subsetting index, but I appreciate that not many servers do that (and none that I know are free). This way the server doesn't have to send all the x000 items to the control point in the first place.

Back