WiiM app feature requests

Hollywood

Major Contributor
Functionally the WiiM system works great for me. As I stated in another thread I only stream from my media server (router with USB SSD), so my three feature requests are when you press "Browse" to have a user select-able default screen it goes to. In my case I select Browse > Home Music Share > Media Server > (my router) > Music > Artists. That's 5 menu presses every time I want to browse. Others might set it to their favorite streaming service as the default. Once on our default choice, there could be an option to Browse Other Services. I'm not a programmer, but perhaps a user could do a long press on the button you want to be the default screen to browse to set it?

The other feature I would like to see seems easier. When you press on My Music > Phone > Song, there is a "skip to" alphabet legend on the side of the screen. It is not on Albums or Artists, and it is not on any of the browse screens when browsing your media server. It would be nice to be able to have it on all browse screens, OR select able if the user wants it or not, Or maybe only if there are more the X number of selections (like 20 or more artists or albums)? I have a LOT of artists and find myself choosing artists in the lower alphabet because I'm too lazy to scroll through so many screens. Also I find myself not adding artists to the server that I might not listen to as much for the same reason.

I remember on a long road trip it took 45 minutes before I picked out just the right CD (back in the '90s) for my mood. Can you imagine sitting on the couch and having thousands of your CD's available from your phone or tablet? A few years ago that would have only been a dream. We can do that now, but with a few app tweaks we wouldn't hesitate to keep choosing effortlessly until we are content.

The last request is nit-pick, but while playing music, the little Now Playing banner just above the controls could be a little bigger as it is important to get to the player screen. Speaking of the Player Screen, There is album art and next to it on the upper left an arrow to return to the previous screen. Since pressing on the album art does nothing, it would be nice if pressing the picture also return to the previous screen. I like the arrow, but also find myself pressing on the picture. Small detail and nit-picking like I said.

I would like to hear your thoughts and also if you have and other app ideas. I don't have any requests for the device (hardware), but if you do for the hardware please start another thread to keep this just app related.

Thanks for reading

Just joined to wiim with pro and qobuz, beautifull piece of equipment and very nice app...
Few proposals:
- search string in qobuz needs to be editable. I type a long artist name and see a typo, then after the search fail I have to retype everything again (
- changing the EQ stops playback, "No Music Selected", go back and start again
- and in the EQ would be great to have loudness preset with loudness control linked. My system lacks this, having EQ was one of the factors, your preset is working nice. Late nights, when its time to listen at low volumes, it would be great to set this preset once as auto at a certain soft volume level.
- don't know if this is on your side or not, but in the native qobuz app on any platform, when I find an artist, there's section with this artist's most popular tracks and immediate play button. This is how I used to listen to the new names. In wiim_home qobuz there's no such section, and the discography is somehow confusing too. Maybe that's their api issue, but still...
- android widget would be very useful, just as any other music player has - pause playback on a lock screen is soo handy.
- agree with the previous post on remembering the last or favourite home screen

If you ask what to add in next wiim ++, I'd say usb digital output. My Klipsch The Three II lacks spdif or coax, only USB in, but has a decent dac onboard (nicely matched to everything else inside). As it will move to the kitchen one day, I thought I'll just add wiim mini and get multiroom ecosystem with one app. But as the dac in mini and pro is pretty simple, this won't go. Will try switching to pro plus as a main source with the new akm dac, but mini will still be a question

Thanks )

- changing the EQ stops playback, "No Music Selected", go back and start again
- and in the EQ would be great to have loudness preset with loudness control linked. My system lacks this, having EQ was one of the factors, your preset is working nice. Late nights, when its time to listen at low volumes, it would be great to set this preset once as auto at a certain soft volume level.
Yes please to these two - although I think the feature request is "enable changing EQ without stopping playback!"

Back