Setting Presets with Spotify'

The WiiM Home app. If you already have it installed, uninstall and re install it. That fixed it for me on my Moto Edge 30 Fusion.

Hi all. I am sorry but a situation developed here at home and I had to leave the thread. I have followed the suggestion of reloading the app and it has worked on my wife's phone (moto e20) but try as I might it will not happen on mine (moto e6s). I have just raised a ticket (494298) to WiiM and I must wait to see what happens. How many versions of the App are there? On Google play there seems to be 5. Thank you everybody who has helped in this matter. Regards.

Hi all. I am sorry but a situation developed here at home and I had to leave the thread. I have followed the suggestion of reloading the app and it has worked on my wife's phone (moto e20) but try as I might it will not happen on mine (moto e6s). I have just raised a ticket (494298) to WiiM and I must wait to see what happens. How many versions of the App are there? On Google play there seems to be 5. Thank you everybody who has helped in this matter. Regards.

V 2.7.5.231207
Screenshot_2023-12-11-23-34-03-666_com.android.vending-edit.jpg

If you increase the font size or display size of the display, you may not be able to see the edges of the screen. Doesn't it feel strange compared to your wife's phone screen?

Thank you once again. At the age of 84 it takes me a little time to et somethings but I get there in the end. Regards

No problem. 😉

Probably the easiest way is to "Touch & hold three fingers on the screen".

Once your screenshot has been saved, tap the photo icon on this submission form.

IMG_20231212_003855.jpg

Tap the window.

IMG_20231212_004030.jpg

Select the photo you want to post.

IMG_20231212_004249.jpg

Good morning all. Since I am still in what I will call mild turmoil over my problem 'Pre-sets & Spotify' I would like to introduce an observation into the thread. Going back to Wiimer’s message 955, Achim1811’s message 1902 and Brantome’s message 3570, I notice that the Magic 3 dots are only visible when the Spotify emblem is above the picture of the record cover at the top of the screen. Is this a clue and does it help? Regards.

The screenshot where Spotify shows above the album cover is the WiiM Home App and it’s there you’ll find the three dots and the option to set a preset as presets are a WiiM app function. The other screenshots are primarily the Spotify app itself which isn’t aware of WiiM presets per se

Hi all. Does this thread have a 'Ticket No. or some reference No.'? I wish to refer to it when talking with WiiM. Has anyone else contacted WiiM? I have not found that re-installing WiiM is the absolute answer. I will stay in contact via this thread but meanwhile thank you all for your help.

Good morning Brantome. My answer is 'Re-installing' does not always work. I hope you can see on this message 2 screenshots that I took yesterday. They were taken within minutes of each other. WiiM was not re-installed. Do you understand my confusion?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20231212-121319.png
    Screenshot_20231212-121319.png
    408.4 KB · Views: 4
  • Screenshot_20231212-122002.png
    Screenshot_20231212-122002.png
    331.6 KB · Views: 4
The first screenshot looks like the Spotify app which doesn’t have the three dots to save a WiiM preset - the Spotify app knows nothing of the inner workings of WiiM.

The second screenshot is from the WiiM app which shows it‘s playing music from Spotify and it does have the three dot menu from where you can set a preset.

From what I see, you’re confusing the two apps. The Spotify app is used to select music to play on the WiiM device, while the WiiM Home app shows what music the Spotify app has sent to it, as well as having the feature to save that playlist as a WiiM preset.

From your screenshots, the apps appear to be working as designed.

Thank you for your reply. It echos your reply of yesterday. Using my WiiM, I select the WiiM icon on my phone, select the Sotify tab and then select the green tab at the bottom the screen, vola, Wiim/Spotify. What am I doing wrong?

My way would be:
- Select your music in the Spotify app
- Chose the WiiM as speaker in the Spotify app
- Switch to the WiiM app
- In "now playing" in the WiiM app the dots appear

Forget the Spotify tab, it sends you to the Spotify app in every case. (And I do believe it is not even necessary to activate the Spotify tab in the WiiM app, but thats only my thinking..)

May I Point out that at the start of this thread.you said that you experienced the same result as I. Hence the reinstal. What had we both been doing wrong?

Back