Spotify Connect: "On other networks"

rye_bee

I am currently experiencing a problem with my WiiM Pro related to Spotify Connect.

Upon streaming music to the WiiM via Spotify, it gets registered with my Spotify account it seems. I am noticing that once this registration happens, it is registering as being on another network and will not appear in the iOS Spotify app anymore.

Below is a picture of before connecting to the WiiM Pro in Spotify, note that it is directly under "This computer" so it is considered in the network.
1701009893375.png

Below is a picture of after connecting to the WiiM Pro in Spotify, and then disconnecting from it. It is now considered in another network.
1701009937758.png

Not sure if this is a bug in the Spotify Connect implementation, as I have a Sonos speaker which does not seem to have this issue.

WiiM Pro Details:
Firmware Version: 4.8.536237
Build Date: 20231121
IPv6 disabled
5GHz only

In the Spotify app, under your profile/settings, make sure "Show local devices only" is disabled
This does solve the missing option on mobile, however I’m still interested in why the device is being reported as not being in-network when I am on the same network.

All my devices, WiiM or not, show under “on this network” on my IPad Spotify app, while on my Android phone that label doesn’t show but again, I can see all my devices. Perhaps it’s something different with your network or Spotify app. Try clearing your Spotify app cache, or using the option to sign out everywhere in your Spotify account, as well as rebooting your devices and router to see if that removes the anomaly

Gave these options a try, no luck. With the device showing in Spotify I'm not too concerned anymore (thanks for that tip). Still interested in what could be causing it, but alas. Thanks again for your help and time!

I'm also seeing WiiM's Spotify Connect listed under "On other network", with quite a few options, it lists wiim at the very bottom.

Back