Spotify issue with Wiim Pro

legaspi89

On Spotify when I select the Wiim Pro to connect through the WiFi, the music from Spotify only plays through my phone and not through my bookshelf speakers. I never had this issue before. What can be causing this?

On Spotify when I select the Wiim Pro to connect through the WiFi, the music from Spotify only plays through my phone and not through my bookshelf speakers. I never had this issue before. What can be causing this?
Hi.

I had a similar problem yesterday.

When I tap WiiM pro on SpotifyConnect, I can't connect, and the Connect icon stays gray instead of green.

In my case, this problem was resolved by reinstalling the Spotify app. Please, You should also try.

Yes!! I got it!! Thanks Guys. Re Installing did the trick. And trust me, I did everything possible to fix this issue. Reboot the WiiM, Restore to factory Settings, unplug the co axial connection, restart my phone, etc. It was frustrating. I know there's the Bluetooth option that works everytime with Spotify & the WiiM but I notice it's not as good in sound quality. Now I feel relieved. I don't mind re installing Spotify here and there to get the WiFi to work. Sound quality is awesome. Thank you guys once again.

hello to everyone;
I am writing from Turkey and I have been using Wiim Pro for 1 month. I had no problems until yesterday, I had the same problem last night.

I did the following;
* I turned off IP6, it didn't fix it
* I deleted spotify and reinstalled it, it didn't work
* Restarting the Wiim app did not fix the problem
* I deleted the Wiim app and reinstalled it, but the problem did not go away.

What else am I left to do?? can never be used like this :/

It does seem to be an issue. Spotify Connect used to be rock solid with the Wiim Pro and WiiM mini that I use.

It's been quite flaky over the past few weeks.

hello to everyone;
I am writing from Turkey and I have been using Wiim Pro for 1 month. I had no problems until yesterday, I had the same problem last night.

I did the following;

Reboot your router and WiiM device, then try turning off wifi on your Spotify app device, then back on.

I’m not aware of any firmware updates to the Pro in the past few days, so sounds more like something in your network environment

Reboot your router and WiiM device, then try turning off wifi on your Spotify app device, then back on.

I’m not aware of any firmware updates to the Pro in the past few days, so sounds more like something in your network environment

Thank you for the guidance, I will try this

I will inform you about the result (y)

hello everyone again, I am really sad :((
I tried everything suggested to me but nothing changed, I want help from the support team, it is not possible to continue like this.

hello everyone again, I am really sad :((
I tried everything suggested to me but nothing changed, I want help from the support team, it is not possible to continue like this.
Have you submitted a ticket via the feedback section in the Wiim Hime app? This is a user forum and not trawled by the support team for issues :)

hello to everyone;

I did the following;

If the DNS server is turned on in the WiiM app, try turning it off.

I use Spotify connect every day and my Pro and mini play this without any problems.

Therefore, it is possible that the issue with the Spotify app is only occurring in certain regions.

Maybe also turn off IPV6 as I see that has helped another user with Chromecast issues - it may not be related, but worth a try
I turned off IPV6 and tried it, my friend, nothing changed. :unsure:

Moreover; I submitted a support ticket using the feedback section in the Wiim Home app, but no response or resolution yet :rolleyes:

Last edited:
I've used Spotify yesterday and this morning with my Pro. No problem at all. I think the problem may be more on the Spotify side then. Whenever I had connection problems with Spotify in the past it was their fault.

I've used Spotify yesterday and this morning with my Pro. No problem at all. I think the problem may be more on the Spotify side then. Whenever I had connection problems with Spotify in the past it was their fault.

So you may be right, it just happened without any problems. I reset Spotify, deleted it and tried reinstalling it, but it didn't work. Likewise, I deleted and reinstalled Wiim Home, the result did not change, I am very curious as to where the problem is??

So you may be right, it just happened without any problems. I reset Spotify, deleted it and tried reinstalling it, but it didn't work. Likewise, I deleted and reinstalled Wiim Home, the result did not change, I am very curious as to where the problem is??
I agree with @MrSoul4470, but just in case, have you already tried a factory reset of your WiiM?

Today my new toy (AVR) arrived, and when I first tested Spotify Connect, but there was no sound. In conclusion, I solved it by system rebooting the AVR. The WiiM may be able to system reboot from the web using the IP address as well, but I don't know how to do it. So factory reset is an alternative.

I agree with @MrSoul4470, but just in case, have you already tried a factory reset of your WiiM?

Today my new toy (AVR) arrived, and when I first tested Spotify Connect, but there was no sound. In conclusion, I solved it by system rebooting the AVR. The WiiM may be able to system reboot from the web using the IP address as well, but I don't know how to do it. So factory reset is an alternative.
There's a reboot function in the WiiM Home app device settings. I'd normally advise rebooting your router at the same time

Back