Access outside network

moonspud

Hey

I experimenting deploying 2 wiim pro in a bar/function room setting,
With the wiims and clients connecting to a guest wifi network vlan'd off.
I'm ok with a potential past guest returning and being able to reconnect to the device as it's fairly low risk of them causing trouble. The big problem lies with being able to connect outside of the guest network with Spotify and I'm assuming other apps.

Any suggestions on how to proceed?

Are you saying that you want staff to be able to connect at all times (when on staff network) but guests/WiiM's only on guest network?

NB. Spotify terms and conditions may not allow this type of use but that's for you to worry about.

Isn't that a well known issue with Spotify Connect and behind many reports of users complaining that their Spotify device start playing random tracks, and it's because someone previously connected to that device but didn't disconnect/logout? Sometimes whoever's playing remotely notices that their device isn't playing and at that point disconnects, but I don't think there's anything you can do on your device end other than blocking external Spotify access which in turn might stop you being able to use Spotify Connect...

See https://community.spotify.com/t5/Ac...evices-on-other-networks-through/td-p/4577666 and similar posts

They are intended for guest use but once they leave the venue access should be disconnected.

Yes spotify connect is a stupid feature.

I'm thinking the only solution might be to kill all network access and just move them into bluetooth range, but at that point i may as well just supply a simple receiver not to mention the build was cabled to support these units being in the rack not the rooms.

They are a promising unit if external access could be disabled

Back