Spotify issue with Wiim Pro

legaspi89

On Spotify when I select the Wiim Pro to connect through the WiFi, the music from Spotify only plays through my phone and not through my bookshelf speakers. I never had this issue before. What can be causing this?

I agree with @MrSoul4470, but just in case, have you already tried a factory reset of your WiiM?

Today my new toy (AVR) arrived, and when I first tested Spotify Connect, but there was no sound. In conclusion, I solved it by system rebooting the AVR. The WiiM may be able to system reboot from the web using the IP address as well, but I don't know how to do it. So factory reset is an alternative.

I did this, I reset it last night, I went back to factory settings, I configured it again... the result is still the same.:cry:

There's a reboot function in the WiiM Home app device settings. I'd normally advise rebooting your router at the same time
Yes, of course I know that, but @skykhan has already said that it has tried a normal restart, so I suggested a reset. 🙂

In the case of AVRs, rebooting with power off > on and system reboot seem to have different personalities. (Information obtained from the web)

A slightly longer shot then that I’d normally advise when this occurs with amazon echo devices - if not already linked, use the Alexa entry on the Browse page on the WiiM Home app to link your WiiM device to your Amazon account (everyone has one, don’t they? If not, create one just for this).

In the Spotify app, under settings/devices make sure the “show local devices only” is set to off. At this stage, check if your device can be Connected. If not, continue as below.

If you have a WiiM remote linked to your WiiM device, press its mic button and ask “Spotify Connect”. If you don’t have a WiiM remote, use either the “talk to Alexa” icon in the amazon music or Alexa app to ask “Spotify Connect device-name” where device-name is the name of your WiiM device that shows under devices/echo&Alexa in the Alexa app. You may be asked to link your Spotify account, which you can do under settings/music&podcasts in the Alexa app.

May seem crazy to use an Amazon account to facilitate this, but it may provide a workaround.

Hello everyone, let me update;
All the friends here were very helpful and gave suggestions, I applied them all, but there was no solution. :cry:

I tried something like this last night, maybe it was a coincidence, I don't know I'll follow up.

The setup is like this:
My wiim pro modem is physically connected to the device via ethernet and cat8 cable. There is also a TV box connected to the modem via Ethernet.
I disconnected the TV box from the modem and did not experience any disconnection. I was very happy about this, I enjoyed music for a while and then I plugged it into the TV box modem. There was no disconnection, this was a very interesting experience, as I said, I will follow up.:cool:

I wrote it for a very long time because it is a reference for anyone who has such a problem.(y)

But I still feel insecure as if it will break, I hope a solution has been found. 🙏

ps; Even though I opened a message to Wiim support, I haven't received any solution suggestions yet, it's sad. (n)

Back