Setting Presets with Spotify'

JimtheSound

I have been advised that in order to place a Spotify (Free) piece of music on my WiiM Pro Plus to one of the 12 Presets, I need to select an item of music/track and with it displayed on my phone, i.e. Displaying the cover picture/name of track/Play arrow or Pause symbol between the jump back or forward symbols. I have been provided with a screenshot and I can see what I am supposed to see and do, i.e. Click on the three horizontal dots below the bottom righthand corner of the cover picture. I have called up the same track as is in the screenshot but I do not have the three horizontal dots or the second horizontal line below the cover picture or what I think is the Stream data. So I am stuck on allocating Presets. Can any one help please.

Hi, I've just checked on my Android phone, and the Preset option doesn't appear as you say, but it does on my ipad. I'll raise a ticket to that effect, and I suggest you open a new ticket referring to the old ticket number and to the fact that another user has confirmed that in this post ref. https://forum.wiimhome.com/threads/setting-presets-with-spotify.2021/#post-30473

Hopefully WiiM will acknowledge it as a bug that they'll fix soon in the Android app

I have been advised that in order to place a Spotify (Free) piece of music on my WiiM Pro Plus to one of the 12 Presets, I need to select an item of music/track and with it displayed on my phone, i.e. Displaying the cover picture/name of track/Play arrow or Pause symbol between the jump back or forward symbols. I have been provided with a screenshot and I can see what I am supposed to see and do, i.e. Click on the three horizontal dots below the bottom righthand corner of the cover picture. I have called up the same track as is in the screenshot but I do not have the three horizontal dots or the second horizontal line below the cover picture or what I think is the Stream data. So I am stuck on allocating Presets. Can any one help please.

Connect to WiiM with Spotify connect and play, then open the Now playing screen in the WiiM app.
In this way, when you tap the three-dot icon, the "Preset" button does not appear?

@Brantome , No problem on my Android.

IMG_20231209_232856.jpg
IMG_20231209_232915.jpg

Dear Wiimer, Thank you for your reply, but as I said in my original request for help, I do not get the three dots etc. I recognise your attached pictures, they are the same as the ones I refer to in my original request. Regards.

Dear Wiimer, Thank you for your reply, but as I said in my original request for help, I do not get the three dots etc. I recognise your attached pictures, they are the same as the ones I refer to in my original request. Regards.
Are you sure the three dots do not appear after connecting with Spotify Connect, then looking in the WiiM app in the now played screen? Nothing?

Connect to WiiM with Spotify connect and play, then open the Now playing screen in the WiiM app.
In this way, when you tap the three-dot icon, the "Preset" button does not appear?

@Brantome , No problem on my Android.

Not on my Moto Edge 30, but OK on my iPad if I switch across. I'm using Spotify Free, not Premium, but can't see why that would be an issue. Strange that you should have it on your Android device, and I don't have it on mine

Not on my Moto Edge 30, but OK on my iPad if I switch across. I'm using Spotify Free, not Premium, but can't see why that would be an issue. Strange that you should have it on your Android device, and I don't have it on mine
I'm Spotify Premium. Maybe there was a UI change in the free version.
Can you post your screen?

Thank you.

Thank you.😉

In my tests,
I don't see the preset button in Pro. I was looking at the mini, but in the mini it appears.
I've tried both free and premium, and the result is the same.

It's so strange! 🤔

Really strange, here my screenshot from my Samsung S22. All four options in both apps.

IMG_2184.jpeg

Given the variable results, guess it warrants WiiM having a look at least. I'll see if/when they respond to my ticket

Back