Separate Gain and/or EQ for each source.

This would be useful. I use the pro with my TV for films and for streaming pop music via AirPlay. If I could set say a -12dB gain for ethernet mode only that would help a lot. I appreciate this would be undesirable for those in the bit perfect camp, but it would just be an optional setting.

For me this would be very useful and as long as the digital gain is implemented correctly would pose no quality issue.

Are there any plans to add a per-input EQ/Gain? I was thinking of upgrading to the Wiim Pro but wanted to check first.

My TV via optical seems to lack bass.
It seems clear to me that a box like this with separate inputs requires a separate EQ and volume control.

I would love to have this feature too.

The audio from the TV is input through the aux-in, and the aux-in volume is controlled by the remote control on the TV side, but when the audio input is changed from aux-in to another source such as amazon music I'm in trouble because it's going to be an explosion.

Volume equalization will affect the original data stream. Bit perfect no more…

If the feature is added WiiM better check the code carefully to guarantee that when volume is pegged at maximum no processing whatsoever takes place. Featuritis creeping tends to add lots of new bugs.

the current eq mode posing a problem...
can be already in the first place make it more relevant would be welcome ..
and I'm not talking about the peq mode....
(Remains already said a long time ago, the possibility of a balance, to be able to remove "wiim" presets and to be able to increase the number of personal settings instead, etc.)

can now be roon in sight, wiim will be able to refocus on improving wiim home, metadata, "audio" processing like this eq mode
etc
,'-))
which is funny..
it is that it seems to me that many people expressing themselves on this kind of forums are rather people who are a little expert who will point out the needs for use of "third" solutions roon lms etc...
when I suspect that many buyers of this type of affordable equipment will use it more simply with wiin home ...
the internet effect
distorting prism where each one judges priorities at the level of his own interest
hihi
so ordinary...
to whom will speak the loudest or the most noisy
;-)

Last edited:
For me there is also a contradiction between the praised bit-perfect and any manipulation of the music. As @adias mentioned.

You mentioned that the equalizer issue is related to the bit perfect issue, but is it also related to the bit perfect issue about changing the volume for each source?
(Is the equalizer function related to changing the volume on the WiiM itself?)

At the moment, I think the only way to solve the aux-in TV volume problem is to buy an extra mini-amplifier and put it in between, which requires additional costs.
I would be very grateful if there was a way to solve this with WiiM only.

As a postscript, I am not good at English, so I am translating it into English with google translation. I'm sorry if my English is clumsy.

a story of magnitude.
when we observe those of the impact of the acoustics of our rooms on the result, the respect of the perfect bit and the very resolutions etc can make you smile
;-)
but the processing of all this by our brain is impressive, and, the real subject...
;-)

ps
simple
if you want to use the current eq mode just think about lowering the level of certain frequencies and not raising them...
"play in "negative"
will put you in the shelter on possible saturations...
;-)

It is all about brain, imagination, mood, wishes and so on. For the music! The gear is only the vehicle.
As well as for others it is all about measuring, graphs, jitter and so on. For the gear! The music seems sometimes to be a necessary evil only 😉

my point not strictly speaking on the vast subject of cognitive biases etc. has become the cream pie of discussions on these subjects..
but more simply the dsp-like processing aspect of our listening via our brain, capable of overriding considerable acoustic concerns and focusing on its points of detail.
always fascinating
;-)
end for me
certainly an efficient signal processing from the time when our ancestors lived a lot in...caves
hihi

Last edited:
There is also perception and room acoustics. Always thought to add EQ was to make up for the deficiencies in room acoustics for what we hear/perceive. To reproduce the perfect periodic wave...

There is also perception and room acoustics. Always thought to add EQ was to make up for the deficiencies in room acoustics for what we hear/perceive. To reproduce the perfect periodic wave...
EQ does not correct room problems.

This feature would be so great!

Right now, due to the vastly different loudness from TV and Ethernet / Spotify stream, the usage of the WiiM Pro is somewhat annoying and I'm thinking of returning it and use a dedicated device for streaming like Sonos Era.

In my case, I just really don't care about the loss of bit-perfect due to positive gain of SPDIF input from my TV, because the sound signal from the TV is already not so great.

TV, Spotify and "no care about bit perfect"....
With such functional specifications Sonos seems to be tailor-made for you.
Why wasting time when such a product already is available? And who promised you that a WiiM is such a product?

TV, Spotify and "no care about bit perfect"....
With such functional specifications Sonos seems to be tailor-made for you.
Why wasting time when such a product already is available? And who promised you that a WiiM is such a product?
Thanks for explaining, perfect human. Never mind others may have different lifestyles and needs. I just explained a wish, to have a smart gateway device for multiple sources and one playback device. That WAS the promise.

I mean, do you really think WiiM with a under 200 dollar streamer focuses on the ultra audiophiles? Have you been to a restaurant lately? Rediculous.

Thanks for explaining, perfect human. Never mind others may have different lifestyles and needs. I just explained a wish, to have a smart gateway device for multiple sources and one playback device. That WAS the promise.

I mean, do you really think WiiM with a under 200 dollar streamer focuses on the ultra audiophiles? Have you been to a restaurant lately? Rediculous.
@greektragedy
You see, before you offend you should count to 10. I’m one amongst many.
I’m using a Pro and a Mini. I care about Bit-Perfect; Gapeless and so on.
I have the WiiMs connected to a decent DAC then to my HiFi preamp and to listen to music with an High Quality sound they are almost perfect and withouth spending a lot of bucks.
Can they be improved? For sure, but it's useless to denigrate them.
Do not like those devices? Return them.
At three times the price or more you can find all the devices you may want.
Closed for me.

If anyone from Wiim is reading this, I’ve elected to not make a separate thread out of respect for the forum, but some way to designate EQ settings to different inputs would be amazingly useful. I’ve got my TV running through my Hi-Fi via the Pro Plus and being able to auto select a tweaked EQ setting on that input (optical at present) would be so helpful, rather than having to change from my music EQ (streamed through Ethernet) and back again. Given that the Pro Plus automatically detects an active input and switches to that already, I can’t imagine that automatically applying a pre-set EQ curve to that input would be too difficult?

Back