Separate saved EQ for each source.

Melodius Thunk

It would be great if you could choose and save a different EQ for each source. So, when you switched to a specific source, it would also switch to the saved EQ for that specific source.

It would be great if you could choose and save a different EQ for each source. So, when you switched to a specific source, it would also switch to the saved EQ for that specific source.
As per the roadmap, it’s being worked on

I wasn’t aware of the Roadmap. I see that another thing that I was going to request, landscape mode, is also in the works. Thanks for the link.

I am curious why one would want EQ saved settings by source. Is anyone really going to use a different EQ for, say AirPlay vs. Bluetooth vs. a turntable/phono preamp? I guess the lattermost might make sense if the phono preamp was a poorly-designed unit with no available rumble filter, but otherwise not sure what the use case is here.

It seems to me it makes a lot more sense to have EQ saved settings by output. The use case here is, for example, a system that is connected to two separate transducers: loudspeakers (via the analog outputs) and headphones (via a headphone DAC/amp connected to the digital output). Then you could listen to headphones with EQ, but switch over to your loudspeakers seamlessly rather than coloring them with your headphone EQ.

I am curious why one would want EQ saved settings by source. Is anyone really going to use a different EQ for, say AirPlay vs. Bluetooth vs. a turntable/phono preamp? I guess the lattermost might make sense if the phono preamp was a poorly-designed unit with no available rumble filter, but otherwise not sure what the use case is here.

It seems to me it makes a lot more sense to have EQ saved settings by output. The use case here is, for example, a system that is connected to two separate transducers: loudspeakers (via the analog outputs) and headphones (via a headphone DAC/amp connected to the digital output). Then you could listen to headphones with EQ, but switch over to your loudspeakers seamlessly rather than coloring them with your headphone EQ.
I have the AVR pre-out connected to the line-in of the WiiM amp. When I watch movies on my TV, I use the AVR's PEQ, so I turn off the WiiM PEQ. I agree with you about the individual EQ of the output. (Although I don't need it for now.)

It depends on your audio setup. Many of us use multiple input sources, such as a TV, turntable, and network, with the same speakers. Different EQ settings are needed for different content—speech enhancement for your TV, and distinct EQs for your turntable or network sources.

In your use case, having separate EQs for each output makes sense.

Back