Show us your Amp setup!

Valdo

As the title says, a picture and some info on your Wiim Amp setup.

I’m running an 2.1 setup with Bowers & Wilkins CM1 and a temporary HK230sub until I’ve decided on a future front baffle sub. It is a small living room so this is more than enough.

Cheers from Stockholm!IMG_6828.jpeg

Last edited:
Pro-Ject T1, Synology DS920+, AppleTV, Edge Switch

↓​

WiiM Amp

↓​

Revox Symbol B MK2

If possible, I don't use wifi or BT to connect devices. I have a only 20m2 living room ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

5469.jpg

and before that:
80 kg of analogue iron :)
2017-04-22 15-05-18.jpg

Last edited:
As the title says, a picture and some info on your Wiim Amp setup.

I’m running an 2.1 setup with Bowers & Wilkins CM1 and a temporary HK230sub until I’ve decided on a future front baffle sub. It is a small living room so this is more than enough.

Cheers from Stockholm!View attachment 5220
Nice - is that the frame TV with the one connect box? Do you use the WiiM amp and speakers for TV watching?

My family room 2.1 set-up, with Klipsch RP-8000F towers and a Dayton Audio SUB-1200. Personal music, almost exclusively hi-res FLAC, streaming from a Synology NAS.

My wife isn't a fan of those towers, even though sound quality is excellent. So, may end up switching to bookshelf speakers at some point.

Attachments

• wiim-amp.jpg
    wiim-amp.jpg
    113.4 KB · Views: 69
  • towers.jpg
    towers.jpg
    149.6 KB · Views: 60
  • sub.jpg
    sub.jpg
    106.3 KB · Views: 65
My family room 2.1 set-up, with Klipsch RP-8000F towers and a Dayton Audio SUB-1200. Personal music, almost exclusively hi-res FLAC, streaming from a Synology NAS.

My wife isn't a fan of those towers, even though sound quality is excellent. So, may end up switching to bookshelf speakers at some point.

Great set up😊👍

Does the Amp automatically recognize the high res files?
Or do you have to make some changes in the settings?

I have cd,s and use lots of streaming services.
May i ask what is meant by a high res file?
Is this for instance 24bit96khz file?
Is this for instance from a SACD?

If the WiiM app is to be trusted ;), WiiM Amp correctly recognizes 48 vs. 96 vs. 192kHz files, and 16 vs. 24-bit. To be honest, WiiM Amp is a relative budget device and ability to discern sound quality difference between CD quality & hi-res will be limited, even if one's ears could really hear the difference anyway even with higher-end gear. It's nice to see see 96kHz, 192kHz, 24-bit light up in the app though :p.

In seriousness, when I listen to SACD ripped files in my home theater set-up, using a Dune HD media player, an Onkyo RZ50 and Polk R700's, I can tell the sound quality is richer, with more depth, and with ability to hear subtle sound effects (especially with multichannel).

However, none of the WiiM's I've tried to date (Mini, Pro Plus, Amp) support native SACD DSF or DFF files. Had to convert them to FLAC. Also, WiiM has trouble with multichannel FLAC, so I keep separate 2.0 and 5.1/7.1 versions of albums that have multichannel.

Attachments

• wiim1.jpg
    wiim1.jpg
    36.3 KB · Views: 44
  • wiim2.jpg
    wiim2.jpg
    52.4 KB · Views: 42
Thanks for youre reply.😊
I have some high res audio flac files too.
Going to try them with the amp. Looking forward to it 😊👍

However, none of the WiiM's I've tried to date (Mini, Pro Plus, Amp) support native SACD DSF or DFF files. Had to convert them to FLAC. Also, WiiM has trouble with multichannel FLAC, so I keep separate 2.0 and 5.1/7.1 versions of albums that have multichannel.
That's true. And - even more importantly - it's true to published specs, so it shouldn't come as a surprise to anybody. ;)

Directly comparing stereo and multi-channel versions is ... difficult, to say the least.

Should WiiM ever come up with any sort of multi-channel device, I'm sure it will with focus on value.

That's true. And - even more importantly - it's true to published specs, so it shouldn't come as a surprise to anybody. ;)

Directly comparing stereo and multi-channel versions is ... difficult, to say the least.

Should WiiM ever come up with any sort of multi-channel device, I'm sure it will with focus on value.
Agree, and for a living room or family room set-up I have my WiiM Amp in, I love having a single do-it-all streamer + DAC + amp vs. separates. Even if that means sacrificing sound quality some. I am looking forward to the upcoming higher-end WiiM Ultra however.

Don't have a clean shot of my set up at the minute but my amp seems to be happy with my B&W 606's. Previously using a Cambridge audio 'One' to drive them+ a cc audio for streaming. The experience of the WiiM amp to stream to and Interact with via the apps / remote is night and day better 🥰 and I haven't noticed losing anything audio wise (besides a physical cd player and a lot less heat).
This speaker has room at the back but is still partially bunged before any one comments 😝 1000028399.jpg

Back