single PEQ filter's on/off toggles

bYOndo

Hi everyone, new Wiim Pro user here and first post :)
As the title says, I would like an on/off toggle for any of the 4 PEQ filters, I try to explain why: let's say I have filters 1 and 2 that correct some nasty room mode resonance, I would like to use filters 3 and 4 for some "tone control" at same time. So I need to tune by ear 3 and 4 (with some on/off toggle) without disengaging 1 and 2. Hope I explained it well 🤓
Thanks for attention!

Massimo

Hi everyone, new Wiim Pro user here and first post :)
As the title says, I would like an on/off toggle for any of the 4 PEQ filters, I try to explain why: let's say I have filters 1 and 2 that correct some nasty room mode resonance, I would like to use filters 3 and 4 for some "tone control" at same time. So I need to tune by ear 3 and 4 (with some on/off toggle) without disengaging 1 and 2. Hope I explained it well 🤓
Thanks for attention!

Massimo
Hi,

I'm not going to disagree with your proposal. 🙂
Did you know that WiiM can create 4 custom PEQ? Why not fix filters 1 and 2 and create four custom PEQs with different values of 3 and 4?

Hi,

I'm not going to disagree with your proposal. 🙂
Did you know that WiiM can create 4 custom PEQ? Why not fix filters 1 and 2 and create four custom PEQs with different values of 3 and 4?
thanks, but using presets means that you always have to save them to evaluate even a small changing, it's not a good practice IMHO.
But, your thoughts make me think about another implementation; even without single toggles, you could obtain nearly same result by choose to "lock" the filters you don't want to modify, then using the general on/off eq switch to hear the difference of the others "free/unlocked" ones. Maybe it would be simpler to coding it, maybe not (I'm not a programmer 🤓)...

Back