Spotify Hi-Fi support

In addition to the just signed Qobuz, I also have Amazon Unlimited and all in all I must say that it's not bad.
The catalog is wide and the quality, I would say, very good even if Qobuz is superior.
Sadly the Amazon app was written as a class project from PS 110 in NYC.
They failed the course.

Sadly the Amazon app was written as a class project from PS 110 in NYC.
They failed the course.
Hopefully the feedback they're getting will prod them into fixing the issues and get it back into a more usable state like it was a good few releases ago. Indeed, some are reverting back to older versions if they can get a hold of the APK.

Hopefully the feedback they're getting will prod them into fixing the issues and get it back into a more usable state like it was a good few releases ago. Indeed, some are reverting back to older versions if they can get a hold of the APK.
Otally agreed

I often wonder why streamers (Netflix - amazon - Spotify) don‘t … borrow (steal) design ideas from competitors. Amazon’s app feels like it's the first one ever written without any … learning from the workings of Spotify - Qobuz interfaces.
Picasso 'good artists copy; great artists steal'

One thing I have to say and regret about Spotify.
Their App was really well done. Never a jam.
Unfortunately the latest version of AMU sometimes goes crazy. Much better a few versions ago. I've never understood why touching what's good

I often wonder why streamers (Netflix - amazon - Spotify) don‘t … borrow (steal) design ideas from competitors. Amazon’s app feels like it's the first one ever written without any … learning from the workings of Spotify - Qobuz interfaces.
Picasso 'good artists copy; great artists steal'
May be you know if i can use BubbleUPnP to cast music from AMU?
I have started to use BUPnP and i like this App a lot.
If it would be possible could you or someone else drive me explaining step by step what i have todo?
Thx to everyone

May be you know if i can use BubbleUPnP to cast music from AMU?
I have started to use BUPnP and i like this App a lot.
If it would be possible could you or someone else drive me explaining step by step what i have todo?
Thx to everyone
No, Amazon Music isn’t supported by BubbleUPNP

Saddest thing is we are a dying species. Almost no one need good quality and less people buy good audio devices :(

One thing I have to say and regret about Spotify.
Their App was really well done. Never a jam.
Unfortunately the latest version of AMU sometimes goes crazy. Much better a few versions ago. I've never understood why touching what's good
Hi Maurizio, have you checked out the new home page of Spotify's Android app? I haven't seen anything that bad yet, total chaos. I was a premium user since 2015 and cancelled it a year ago and don't regret it. They have been lying to us for two years (HiFi plan) and delivered - for me - not interesting podcasts-trash. Even if they offered it now, they would offer it for a higher amount. I will not go back, I'm happy with Tidal HiFi (16/44) since a year, I think I will also try Qobuz (via Bubble UPnP) in the next few months. Amazon is too buggy for me (also used it for 1/2 year), Deezer HiFi was OK but the poor connectivity and the requirement to always have to log in again has annoyed me.
Are you satisfied with Qobuz?

After waiting almost a year...
since mid January,
deezer "quality hifi" (flac cd) is, seems stable to me, without the need for reconnection
, usable without worries in wiim home with just the mini ..
(I never really knew if, with the pro, chromecast and the deezer api, the "hifi" quality is well preserved... ???)

I always liked Deezer when they offered HiFi. I also liked the sound quality, the catalog and the app. Unfortunately, at that time there was no good way to stream to devices (no "Connect", a year ago I used Qualcomm AllPlay Devices) so I listened to the music via my WIN-HTPC (Output via USB-DAC) or via Android-LDAC-Bluetooth. Partly the songs have loaded very long (Android) and on Windows I had to re-enter my access data at least once a week. On the PC there was also no possibility of remote control.... Maybe things have changed ;-)

Hi Maurizio, have you checked out the new home page of Spotify's Android app? I haven't seen anything that bad yet, total chaos. I was a premium user since 2015 and cancelled it a year ago and don't regret it. They have been lying to us for two years (HiFi plan) and delivered - for me - not interesting podcasts-trash. Even if they offered it now, they would offer it for a higher amount. I will not go back, I'm happy with Tidal HiFi (16/44) since a year, I think I will also try Qobuz (via Bubble UPnP) in the next few months. Amazon is too buggy for me (also used it for 1/2 year), Deezer HiFi was OK but the poor connectivity and the requirement to always have to log in again has annoyed me.
I am very pleased with Qobuz - after trying out Tidal 👍 - Apple - Spotify - Deezer and Amazon.

Every service has its quirks and foibles.
If only one of them would just take the best bits from each and come up with something great, as pcryan5 suggests.
Oh, wait a minute, maybe that's what spotify thinks it has done... :rolleyes:

Hi @Hulle Sack
Yes, with Qobuz i am VERY satisfied. Talking about Jazz & Classic music their catalogue is impressive. Untill now whatever album I searched for, I found it, and they have a lot of HD Alums. The sound quality is fantastic. Compared to AMU their sound is even more defined, the channel separation is better, and the soundstage is also better.
I'm glad I left Spotify which has become crap. I was sorry because I had SP for years and years, but ........ the world evolves.

Naturally, Qobuz also has some flaws:

1) Qobuz doesn't have a Qobuz casting, they say they are working on it. We'll see

2) A function to normalize the volume of songs is missing. In albums it doesn't matter, but in a Play List with songs from different sources it's a bit of a mess, with the volume going up and down.

For point 1 I solved using BubbleUPnP which someone, i think @Brantome, recommended here. Phenomenal!! With BUPnP I get 24/192 and Gapeless Music. By the way BUPnP also supports the Mini.

Alternatively, to have 24/192 and Gapeless music you can use WHA, but it is so incomplete that I don't use it.

If instead you use the native Qobuz App you must use Chromecast, but due to Chromecast limits you don't go beyond 24/96 and you don't have Gapeless music. Indispensable function if you also listen to classical music.

Hi Maurizio, thank you very much for the detailed answer!
I use HiFi-Cast and BubbleUPnP for many years. HiFi-Cast is my favorite for streaming from NAS (mimim server on QNAP), Bubble in connection with Tidal. Although works with the Minis and the Pro Connect actually quite well but Bubble I like somehow better. The good thing about Bubble is that you can "share" a playlist or album to Bubble when browsing the Tidal app. Bubble then appends these tracks to the active playlist and plays them. A true "Swiss Army Knife". It would be wonderful if this would work as well for Qobuz.
Qobuz is the only service I haven't tested yet. I think I will try it in the next few days.
Thank you and have a good day (to all :))

I use HiFi-Cast and BubbleUPnP for many years. HiFi-Cast is my favorite for streaming from NAS (mimim server on QNAP), Bubble in connection with Tidal. Although works with the Minis and the Pro Connect actually quite well but Bubble I like somehow better. The good thing about Bubble is that you can "share" a playlist or album to Bubble when browsing the Tidal app. Bubble then appends these tracks to the active playlist and plays them. A true "Swiss Army Knife". It would be wonderful if this would work as well for Qobuz.
Qobuz is the only service I haven't tested yet. I think I will try it in the next few days.

I can confirm that sharing out of the Qobuz App to Bubble works in the same way as it does for Tidal :)

Hi @Hulle Sack
Glad to have been helpful. Let's see if you can help me.
I'm going crazy with the Amazon Music Unlimited App, which after the latest updates is full of bugs.
Do you know an App that I could use instead of the native App to listen to AMU? As I said BUPnP is perfect for me, but it only supports Tidal and Qobuz
Do You know something similar that supports Amazon Music Unlimited?
Yes, I know, there is WHA but it is unmanageable
Thanks for your help

Hi @Hulle Sack
Glad to have been helpful. Let's see if you can help me.
I'm going crazy with the Amazon Music Unlimited App, which after the latest updates is full of bugs.
Do you know an App that I could use instead of the native App to listen to AMU? As I said BUPnP is perfect for me, but it only supports Tidal and Qobuz
Do You know something similar that supports Amazon Music Unlimited?
Yes, I know, there is WHA but it is unmanageable
Thanks for your help
...unfortunately not. I had asked the developers of UAPP this once. They answered that amazon was not very helpful to release the code for the implementation.

Back