Spotify Hi-Fi support

...unfortunately not. I had asked the developers of UAPP this once. They answered that amazon was not very helpful to release the code for the implementation.
Yes, i can imagine that. So at the moment i have to wait for an update of AMU hoping in a solution of their bugs. And think that the previous versions had no problems!!
I also opened a new tread asking for help in finding a substitute app, but seeing what you have said i think i will have no luck.
Yes, i could use WHA, but at present it is too incomplete ( no sorting albums options; no album duration; no tracks duration beside any tracks and so on) and I don't use it
Thx, have a nice day

One of the reasons why I turned my back on AMHD was that I had to realize that AMHD had some inconsistencies regarding their album structure. So there were different volumes within an album (I wanted to listen to Alanis Morissette"Jagged Little Pill" again after many years . It seems as if the track structure was thrown together from different albums); at a studio album of the Flying Colors a live song suddenly appeared in the album and the corresponding studio recording of this track could not be found in the AMHD universe. Some of these things have been fixed over time but I haven't experienced such faux pas with other streaming services.

among the three services, Tidal HiFi, Qobuz and AMU, i generally found differences with old '60, '70 and '80 releases, tipically digitized and HIRES upsampled from original mastering. New releases, probably already produced and mastered in HIRES, show less tonal differences among streaming services.
Two examples, all Ramones album are 192KHz in AMU, 96KHz in Qobuz and 44.1 in Tidal Hifi. While Qobuz and Tidal have the same sound character, AMU has a wider stereo image and voice and guitar slightly back. It's not bad but seems also a litte "fake". This tonal character is wide spread in AMU, from The Doors to The Clash.
In Quadrophenia motion picture soundtrack, all song have different sample rate in AMU and one, at the moment don't remind wich but is one from The Who, is at hi sample rate but sounds like from inside a pipe...
Tidal and Qobuz have overall constant quality and character of sound.
Due to costs, lacking of "radio from this song" button in Qobuz and no current playlist shown in AMU when casting to a device, without mention user interfaces, i chose Tidal...

Sadly i have to wait for WHA and AMU improvements.Meanwhile i will use more Qobuz

Hi, I moved from Spotify to tidal, due to price and due to hifi/ hifi plus 😂😂😂
me too since one year.
I think has the overall best value, considering price, quality, suggestions and user experience...
Any streming service lacks something to be considered perfect but AM and Qo miss a little too much. Spot is a liar...

I know but at least, on hi-fi tier, all 44.1 non "master" marked, are original lossless. So who's the worst?
Is that the case though? I think the Redbook titles from Warner Music Group were all but removed from TIDAL in favor of 16-bit MQA, which means less than Redbook quality there. So even if one only pays for the Hi-Fi tier on TIDAL, the WMG albums are actually MQA-CD quality. The same was rumored as coming soon for Universal Music, but I don't think it ever happened.

Agreed Spotify looks really bad in twice announcing lossless (first time was at CES 2017), then reneging with no reason why and no timetable for when, just a vague promise it eventually would come. No real company that values it's customers would do that twice, so clearly all they care about is money, hence their focus on podcasts and audio books, and now a mention of a more Instagram or TikTok-Iike UI/UX.

Count me out.

I read about this Warners silly thing also. This would explain all Kraftwerk's production in MQA, whilst other services present them in 44.1 16bit.
As i wrote upstairs, a choice is made even from user experience aspect and Tidal is my favorite. The positive thing is that in the real world, I hardly hear differences among files at 44.1 16bit of same releases on every service, those MQA'ed included and obviously Spot excluded, since in rapid switch comparison, is really the worst.

Is that the case though? I think the Redbook titles from Warner Music Group were all but removed from TIDAL in favor of 16-bit MQA, which means less than Redbook quality there. So even if one only pays for the Hi-Fi tier on TIDAL, the WMG albums are actually MQA-CD quality. The same was rumored as coming soon for Universal Music, but I don't think it ever happened.

Agreed Spotify looks really bad in twice announcing lossless (first time was at CES 2017), then reneging with no reason why and no timetable for when, just a vague promise it eventually would come. No real company that values it's customers would do that twice, so clearly all they care about is money, hence their focus on podcasts and audio books, and now a mention of a more Instagram or TikTok-Iike UI/UX.

Count me out.
As for Spotify I completely agree.
Among the many services it has become the worst.
Promises and more promises never kept. Let's not talk about the rumors that spoke of 19.99€ for a Cd quality, not HD or HD+!! They are crazy!!
After years of Premium subscription I ran away and I'm glad I did. They can also keep their Tik-Tok & Instagram.
I was interested in a service for music and not Audiobooks or Podcasts.
It's a pity, because I think their App was the best.
I'll get over it :)

Is Spotify the best music app for Android?
I'm using SoundCloud for my phone

Last edited:
Is Spotify the best music app for Android?
I'm using SoundCloud for my phone
While some will attest that Spotify has one of the better apps, it’s a different matter when it comes to streaming services where Spotify steadfastly refuses to provide anything better than lossy content.

Last edited:
Spotify's app is good. They have the biggest catalogue. They do not provide a HiFi option though despite numerous promises that it is just around the corner. They have recently been pushing podcasts and other audio services which many don't want. I'd opt for Qobuz or Tidal because of higher quality streams.

Android games website . Screenshot for their X (Twitter) feed

1712141360180.png

Problem is maybe Spotify can't make any profits..

Spotify has a free option the others haven't.
Bu again they still make any profits:

Maybe more exclusive content with premium as the article says..or what about the free version maybe get rid off it?
And think about the podcast..do you need Spotify for it? I think one doesn't..yes AI in the apps helps a lot finding stuff.. certainly..but it also helps in their free option.
The app is nonetheless great!
Do they dare to make different choices..the app is great but maybe they must think if they can change some things to make profit.

And they have to deal with youtube dont they?
Do they dare to change..maybe they don't ..but than how will they ever make a profit..
Music is important to people..i will continue to supporting Spotify but i really hope i could stream cd quality as a premium subscriber .

Last edited:
I read about this Warners silly thing also. This would explain all Kraftwerk's production in MQA, whilst other services present them in 44.1 16bit.
Right now I'm listening to "Die Roboter" from the 1978 album "Die Mensch-Maschine" (2009 remix) through Tidal and the app clearly states: 16 bit 44.1 kHz FLAC
IMG_20240404_101904.jpg

Are they really hiding the fact that this stream has been created from an MQA CD master? Why Tidal would try to further push MQA content? Their official strategy is clearly different. Sounds good, btw.

... hence their focus on podcasts and audio books, and now a mention of a more Instagram or TikTok-Iike UI/UX.
Fully agree on that point. For Spotify's (still defunct) business model music is exactly as important as it is for their typical customers: it just has to be there and that's it.

The younger people around me honestly don't even understand what I mean when I'm talking about "better sound quality". And to a degree that's even understandable. Even with Spotify there are no clicks and pops, there is no random noise, there's no rumble, no wow and flutter, no highs dramatically cut by misaligned tape heads and there's hardly any stutter.

Dynamics in music is not a concept they grew up with (talking about recorded music of course, but hey, what's the dynamic range of a live pop concert?). Differences in detail or clarity are probably differing more between different masters remixes or remixes of the same track than between streaming services. Stereo imaging? Being a fragile concept on its own, doesn't play an important role listening through cool Marshall Bluetooth speakers (and not even listening through headphones).

I ended up paying for a Tidal Family plan in addition to the existing Spotify Family plan, even though the latter is mainly used by myself. Well, I can afford it and there's a little hope (really just a little) it might have an educational effect ... 😛

Back