spotify playing through my source

Stephend

Hi, my first post. I took a while setting up my WiiM and am nearly there, but.......

Anyway I now have it working as I can hear the two test SPDIF tracks. I am using a samsung andriod as my source. Thing is, when I go into the WiiM app on my andriod and select spotify and then select a track the track plays through my andriod speakers whilst I am listening to the test SPDIF tracks through the headphones. I am sure it is something simple. Can somebody please set me on the right track?

Thanks

Hi,
Sorry, I didn't understand your question very well.
To use Spotify, open the Spotify app and select WiiM on the device connection screen. After that, you can play the track on the Spotify app and the music will flow from WiiM. Usually, there is no sound coming out of the phone at the same time. Restart your WiiM and phone and try these steps again.

Hi, my first post. I took a while setting up my WiiM and am nearly there, but.......

Anyway I now have it working as I can hear the two test SPDIF tracks. I am using a samsung andriod as my source. Thing is, when I go into the WiiM app on my andriod and select spotify and then select a track the track plays through my andriod speakers whilst I am listening to the test SPDIF tracks through the headphones. I am sure it is something simple. Can somebody please set me on the right track?

Thanks
You need to set the WiiM device from the speakers icon usually in the bottom left hand corner of the Spotify app screen. The WiiM Home app isn't strictly involved when playing Spotify as you're in effect casting to the WiiM as a Spotify Connect speaker from the Spotify app

Thanks for getting back guys and I am up and running. I am running Sienheiser hd560s trough a ToppingDx3 via spotify and WiiM dx pro+3. I initially set up using bluetooth. All this stuff is new and the first time I heard my selection of harware together. I listeded thrue bluetooth and I thought I had really screwed up with my choices. It was the audio equivelent of looking directly into the Sun, I was gutted. Thanks guys sounds great my choice was validated(y)(y):)

Back