Spotify preset issues

Jdamberger1

Screenshot_20230429-084435_WiiM Home.jpgScreenshot_20230429-080403_WiiM Home.jpg

Last night i had an issue with playing a Spotify preset. Streaming voice came on and said something like "recent changes require you to make a new Spotify preset". I deleted the current Spotify preset and then went to create a new one, following the directions (see attached screen shot) at the bottom of the presets page, for Spotify. When I go to now playing screen and select the 3 dots, I no longer see a selection to create a new preset (see attached screen shot). I have created a ticket # 11065. Is anyone else having this problem? And if so, found a solution?

View attachment 778View attachment 779

Last night i had an issue with playing a Spotify preset. Streaming voice came on and said something like "recent changes require you to make a new Spotify preset". I deleted the current Spotify preset and then went to create a new one, following the directions (see attached screen shot) at the bottom of the presets page, for Spotify. When I go to now playing screen and select the 3 dots, I no longer see a selection to create a new preset (see attached screen shot). I have created a ticket # 11065. Is anyone else having this problem? And if so, found a solution?
Hi Jdamberger1,

From your screenshot above, you are streaming Spotify to WiiM Pro via Chromecast, not Spotify Connect. Please stream your music with Spotify App to WiiM Pro via Spotify Connect (the icons for Connect and Chromecast are different). Then you can find the preset button there. Please try and let us know if it works for you. Thank you!

Hi Jdamberger1,

From your screenshot above, you are streaming Spotify to WiiM Pro via Chromecast, not Spotify Connect. Please stream your music with Spotify App to WiiM Pro via Spotify Connect (the icons for Connect and Chromecast are different). Then you can find the preset button there. Please try and let us know if it works for you. Thank you!
Thankyou for the prompt reply. Took me a while to find where to change setting to go to Spotify Connect from Chromecast. Yes it worked. I have no idea how it was changed to chromecast? If I had streamed spotify voice control, from a Google stand alone device in my house, would it have changed from Spotify Connect to Chromecast without me manually changing the settings?

Thankyou for the prompt reply. Took me a while to find where to change setting to go to Spotify Connect from Chromecast. Yes it worked. I have no idea how it was changed to chromecast? If I had streamed spotify voice control, from a Google stand alone device in my house, would it have changed from Spotify Connect to Chromecast without me manually changing the settings?
Hi Jdamberger1,

When you're using the Google voice assistant to play Spotify, it uses Chromecast instead of Spotify Connect. Thank you!

Thankyou. What i was asking is, if I use Google voice assistant on a Google device to play spotify and it uses Chromecast, the next time I open the WiiM home app to play Spotify through my WiiM Pro, will it default to Chromecast because the last time google voice assistant played Spotify it used Chromecast? I am trying to figure out why playing Spotify from the WiiM Home app on the WiiM Pro changed to Chromecast when I did not change any settings manually in the WiiM Home app.

Hi Jdamberger1,

If you play Spotify via the Preset on the WiiM Home App, it will use Spotify Connect. However, if you resume the playback of the paused Chromecast (initiated from your Google Home devices) from the WiiM Home App, it will still play as the Chromecast. There's no setting in the Wiim Home App to specify which mode you can choose for Spotify. It's up to the sender. Thank you!

Back