squeezelite option to set LMS hostname or IP address

so miraculously everything was working, then i rebooted LMS as some apps had been updated... now my Wiim pro dosent appear as a player

sharkdrive, I had the exact same thing happen to me. I spent several hours trying to figure out what was wrong. Two days later it was working again, but I don't know why.

During this process, I tested with running squeezelite on a Linux machine and had similary problems with it -- until I specified the IP of the LMS host, then it worked perfectly. So, there is something intermittent with the LMS host and its ability to allow broadcast queries from squeezelite?

Unfortunately, since the WiiM does not allow the specification of the LMS host, you are stuck until it decided to start working again.

I never had this problem with my "real" Logitech Duet, so there must something a bit different with squeezelite. I don't miss my Duet except for this issue.

sharkdrive, I had the exact same thing happen to me. I spent several hours trying to figure out what was wrong. Two days later it was working again, but I don't know why.

During this process, I tested with running squeezelite on a Linux machine and had similary problems with it -- until I specified the IP of the LMS host, then it worked perfectly. So, there is something intermittent with the LMS host and its ability to allow broadcast queries from squeezelite?

Unfortunately, since the WiiM does not allow the specification of the LMS host, you are stuck until it decided to start working again.

I never had this problem with my "real" Logitech Duet, so there must something a bit different with squeezelite. I don't miss my Duet except for this issue.
frustrating for sure. I have a rasberry PI based squeezelite (Allo) that always shows up along with my touch, radio etc just the Wiim pulls the disapearring act

I’m sure there is something implemented differently on the WiiM. All other devices I have that run Squeezelite immediately reappear after a reboot but the WiiM Pro does not. It can take some while before it reappears. This must be due to the discovery phase but could so easily be rectified by providing a settings area for specifying server address.

Make sure you are putting in tickets for this. I put one in months ago and it was acknowledged but nothing has come of it. Maybe if they get multiple tickets they will act.

Back