Tidal Connect and Spotify Connect won't connect via wifi on Wiim Amp or Pro Plus (Resolved)

Rob Zmusic

I'm having an app connection issue and could use some help. I have 2 systems set up. One with a Wiim Amp, and one with a Wiim Pro Plus. Up until about a week ago, both systems performed completely as advertised.

Then, all of a sudden, the Spotify Connect and Tidal Connect will no longer connect to either of the Wiims through their respective apps. When you select the Wiim you want from the Connect list, it just says "searching" and never finds it. Apple Airplay still works fine on both, and connecting direct with my laptop still works perfectly. These apps just wont connect to the Wiims directly.

So far, the steps I have taken to correct this are:
- Have restarted the apps.
- Have deleted and reinstalled all of the apps (Spotify, Tidal and Wiim)
- Have rebooted both Wiims
- Have rebooted wifi router
- Have disabled IPv6 in both Wiim's network settings
- Have tried enabling "preferred DNS server" of 8.8.8.8 on the Wiims

After all of that, I have no change to the problem. I feel like I must be missing something somewhere. I doubt there is something wrong with them since its the same from both units that started at the same time. Seems like its somehow a problem with my network, but I dont know what or how to fix it. Any ideas?

I don't know if this helps, but if you've changed the device name on your WiiM, try changing it back.

Then, all of a sudden, the Spotify Connect and Tidal Connect will no longer connect to either of the Wiims through their respective apps. When you select the Wiim you want from the Connect list, it just says "searching" and never finds it. Apple Airplay still works fine on both, and connecting direct with my laptop still works perfectly. These apps just wont connect to the Wiims directly.
When you say 'connecting direct with my laptop' do you mean by using a cable, or using Spotify/Tidal connect? In other words, is it just the one phone you're having problems with?

When you say 'connecting direct with my laptop' do you mean by using a cable, or using Spotify/Tidal connect? In other words, is it just the one phone you're having problems with?
Via a Macbook Pro, I am able to select either Wiim device from the "Sound output" icon dropdown, meaning that its connecting to the network (although, this may actually be happening via AirPlay).

I am having the same exact problem with my iphone 13 and an ipad, but my computer acts as described above.

So, the issue is definitely not with the device itself, since its both phone and ipad. It has to be something with my network not allowing the apps to connect. The apps on both devices show the Wiim as an option to connect to, it just wont actually connect.

I don't know if this helps, but if you've changed the device name on your WiiM, try changing it back.
I have not tried this, bit I will. However, I have been using both Wiim products, with names I gave them, for months.

Can you play from Tidal in the WiiM app? This will test device discovery and internet access.
Unplug one and see if the device is still listed as a target (to rule out caching of device list).

Can you play from Tidal in the WiiM app? This will test device discovery and internet access.
Unplug one and see if the device is still listed as a target (to rule out caching of device list).
When I open Tidal though the Wiim App, it takes me to the Tidal login page. I am able to do the login, it gives me the checkmark. Then it goes to a white screen that says "Returning to Wiim Home App...", and after about 10 seconds I get a popup that says "Login fail, Please try again!". Then it just sits on that screen, locked up, never returns to the Wiim Home app.

RESOLVED! Somehow both of those Wiim devices were "paused" in the Xfinity wifi app. Unpaused them and I now have full connectivity. So weird. No idea how they both got like that.

RESOLVED! Somehow both of those Wiim devices were "paused" in the Xfinity wifi app. Unpaused them and I now have full connectivity. So weird. No idea how they both got like that.
It did sound like an internet access issue as device discovery and AirPlay are both local protocols (for the WiiM).
Glad you got it resolved.

Back