TIDAL MQA unfolding coming to WiiM Mini ?

@WiiM Support
I had been a happy camper with the performance I've had during July & September, because my needs aren't special.
Qobuz, UPNP/DLNA and bitperfect digital throughput are awesome enough for me.
I created some blog entries about the WIIM, between May and End of September.
Would be very interested to review the WIIM pro, too. If interested please contact me via PM.

A point of interest could be 24-bit/352,8kHz capability bc it would allow DXD as well as DOP, if implemented.
But I agree, that's perhaps minority (audiophile) interest. Not sure at all, if the platform can deliver that.

The most important quality option for your product in my view is enhancing the quality of the Android/IOS app and perhaps allowing a functional use via HTTPS not only limited to Chromebook environment.
Searching the library and creating playlists are to name.
Please continue your impressive work !
Tom
To the OP, Sorry for offtopic conversation ;-)
Hi Tom, thank you for your reviews on the WiiM Mini and some improvement ideas. Some of these such as searching the library or creating playlists based on album etc. are in our roadmap too. Please help review. For HTTPS API, you can check it on our support page. Please let us know if it can meet your needs.

And it works, but only using the Tidal connect option, using the Wiim app and accessing Tidal does not perform the unfolding

In master quality executed from the native Tidal application the Wiim application shows 88.2 khz or 96 khz. If I launch the same songs from the wiim application it only reaches 44.1 khz.

Good question :)
Honestly no, although I must add that I am approaching 60 years old and a punished audition due to my profession as a trucker.
Lately I am reading in many places that 16/44.1 is more than enough, although for me the perfect presentation is 24/96.

I can't tell the difference to be honest. Maybe if I would have renderer....

Back