Trouble using Qobuz with WiiM Pro with wired connection

avguytx

I've had this problem with Qobuz with the WiiM Pro, and have since I've had it for the past 8 months I've owned it. If I use either a Samsung tablet or my Samsung phone to stream Qobuz, it's like it "sputters" trying to start then might play a few seconds, stop, start again for a bit, stop, and on and on. It's a hard wired connection with a static IP address, apps are updated, etc. I hardly even use the WiiM Pro anymore as it's such a PitA and has never worked with that way. IF I use the desktop app, again with a wired connection, it works just fine. Kind of a waste as it defeats the purpose of buying the Pro and a new Samsung tablet as the "remote display". Using the Spotify app to stream to the WiiM Pro works fine, too.

Also, it doesn't matter what bit rate you use....it STILL does it.

Any thoughts? I'm a city network administrator by trade so I've done all the usual stuff like restarts, etc.

If I use either a Samsung tablet or my Samsung phone to stream Qobuz, it's like it "sputters" trying to start then might play a few seconds, stop, start again for a bit, stop, and on and on.
Using the WiiM Home App?

It's a hard wired connection with a static IP address
You should not need a static IP address, and I've seen odd instances where that seems to cause more problems than it solves.

IF I use the desktop app
What desktop app?

Using the WiiM Home App?

Yes, using the WiiM Home App on either Samsung device.
You should not need a static IP address, and I've seen odd instances where that seems to cause more problems than it solves.

I've always used static as I direct traffic through the router with policy based routing to divide traffic and keep the WiiM, like other dvices, in a certain IP Group. But I'll let DHCP take care of it and see what happens. Worth a try...

What desktop app?

The Windows 10 desktop Qobuz app/client. Last night it wasn't working well with that, either, even with speed being 50 down/20 up. Unfortunately I'm in an area with no fiber like at my office where we load balance two 1gb lines for the city offices traffic. If only...

The Windows 10 desktop Qobuz app/client.
I see, so in that case you are selecting the WiiM device as a Chromecast renderer in the Qobuz desktop client, and the very same playback issues do not occur doing it that way as does when accessing Qobuz from the WiiM Home App?

I see, so in that case you are selecting the WiiM device as a Chromecast renderer in the Qobuz desktop client, and the very same playback issues do not occur doing it that way as does when accessing Qobuz from the WiiM Home App?

No. When I'm using the Windows 10 desktop client, there would be no need for the WiiM as it would feed output to the DAC, etc. I can use either the desktop, which seems to work better, or I can use the WiiM via a Samsung phone or tablet for control. If Qobuz would/could just come out with a Connect feature like Spotify, then I wouldn't need the WiiM.

Back